IRAY and exporting from Daz3d

I have a fair number of Iray content items, which I bought not thinking about export abilities.

A good example for a question I'm not quite sure how to ask.

http://www.daz3d.com/car-ranger-iray

Here is link to core or base version required.

http://www.daz3d.com/car-ranger

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I apply the Iray version before I export what will that mean.

I mostly do video and export to Iclone where I animate project then final render in Sony Vegas Pro.

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

Like most things...it wont matter, you are going to have to reapply materials/shaders in whatever you are importing to, so unless the texture maps are different, it's not going to make a lot of difference if it's the 3DL or Iray version being exported.

• mjc1016

I do re-texture in Iclone, but wasn't sure just what had been done to content designated for Iray.

I have not exported designated Iray content as long as I could choose. 

Thank you,

• In Daz3D store product terms, content designated for IRay means it is not designated for 3delight, the older/ the other render engine. It means a product made before iRay arrival, its textures and opacity maps etc will go to the right surface settings slot and won't look weird in iRay based lighting.

IRay vs 3delight means very little outside of DS, probably slightly different specular/opacity tweaks over in iClone. So no change of workflow in your case.

• I find 3Delight has less refixing than iray going to 3Dxchange

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,820

That is a really nice render in the first post!! 

• Hello I have a simular question I recently bought Brutus for Dog 8 and was wondering how to export the fur with the character I exported all the morphs too but when i opene to model into 3d xchange i noticed that the ira fur was non exsistent how do i get the ira fur to transfer to iclone 7