Error While Loading A Scene

Princessdawn3dPrincessdawn3d Posts: 16

Hello. I have a problem. I'm going to try to be as pasific as I can. I have Daz Studio 4 Pro. At 1st everything was fine. I decided to get an external hard drive for all the 3D content that was killing my PCs memory. So I deleted all the files I had and deleted everything that had to do with Daz Studio. And reinstalled. I installed Daz in C drive but told it that the content was gonna be E drive. So I installed all the content back. The last one was A3. I installed it, made a scene with it and saved. Later I wanted to load the scene again. And I come up with this error saying "Unable to find files. Check the log" So I did and it said "Unable to find file for storable: data/4_0_2/blAiko3_72712/blAiko3_72712/blAiko3_72712/geometry_ff3de19e_6f60_0644_853a_2bb477292442/blAiko3.dso" I tryed uninstalling everything again, and installing Daz and A3 1st. Still the same problem. So I looked online. Seen that some people say make the scene and load all the morphs, and save it as a dummy scene. I tryed that but I still have the same problems. I'm pulling my hair out cause I have commissions I need to finish but I came across this problem. Thank you

Comments

• JimmyC_2009JimmyC_2009 Posts: 8,891
    edited December 1969

It looks like DS4 cannot find the 'data' folder.

In Edit > Preferences > Content Library > Content Directory Manager, DS uses the first listed location under DAZ Studio Formats to store the data folder. What do you have listed for that path, as that seems to be the root of the problem?

• Princessdawn3dPrincessdawn3d Posts: 16
    edited December 1969

Ok jez. ok I had the wrong folder at 1st. So I changed it and it worked. Thanks so much. I didn't know that the 1st one is where it looks for the data folder!

• SpottedKittySpottedKitty Posts: 7,232
    edited December 1969

I didn't know that the 1st one is where it looks for the data folder!

Actually, D|S will look for /data/ in any and all paths set in Preferences — that first one is where it stores files for scenes you've put together and saved. So it is possible to have more than one /data/ folder, but it's a really bad idea since it's far too easy to end up with multiple copies of the same files in different places. Not all of them the same. This is known to cause Weird Stuff™ to happen.