Bryce Loops

How can I set up an animation loop in Bryce? I would like the last frame to morph into the first with no jerk/seam. 

Comments

• Oh heck.... It would depend on your animation but you can try the Animation Lab.... SAVE your file before you enter in there though laugh

I'll have to wait for my present render to finish and then I'll do some screen grabs with basic instructions for you.

• This example of mine was done entirely in Bryce and only used 4 Keyframes due to clever use of parenting, tracking and the Animation Lab.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGXO_XcJBbc

• Dave SavageDave Savage Posts: 2,433
    edited September 2016

Set up your animation Key Frames.

Before entering into the Advanced Motion Lab, make sure you only have the thing you're going to 'advance motion' selected or you'll be met with a ton of timeline items and it's very confusing.

The AML is here (marked in red on my screen grab and enlarged for the hell of it)

Selected the item you wish to 'loop' in the list on the left of this window (when it's selected it's name will turn Yellow).

Click on the name while holding down the SHIFT key to get a sub menu and choose which type of looping you need.

Experimenting is the best way, but basically: 'Repeat' will play from the start of your animation keyframe set to the end and then start it from the start again.

'Pendulum' will play from the start of your animation keyframe set to the end and then play it in reverse.

So setting up your animation with this in mind is important because you can save a ton of time by letting the AML handle any looping you need.

You loop will then continue to repeat throughout your animation. I also seem to remember that if you copy your animated item into another document, it will take these looping settings with it (but I think it loses them if you put the animated item into your preset objects library.

Hope this helps, I've got to dash now, but any more questions, just ask,

Screen-shot-2016-09-10-at-17.59.24.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 189K
    Screen-shot-2016-09-10-at-17.59.54.jpg
    1280 x 800 - 168K
    Post edited by Dave Savage on
  • vindazivindazi Posts: 667

Thanks much. I will try it.