My Parameters Tab suddenly went missing

I had the Parameters tab just an hour ago and now it's missing.  D/S was open and running at the time - there were no glitches, no new installs or anything like that.

I don't see where I accidentally dragged it somewhere.  I opened up Windows/Panes and it shows that Parameters is active (shown in first picture), but I don't see it.  I'm utterly perplexed.  The second picture is my full workspace.

Paramaters 01.jpg
160 x 147 - 8K
Parameters 02.jpg
1276 x 914 - 168K

Comments

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Can you reload your layout?

• dracorndracorn Posts: 2,333

Do you mean, Windows, Workspace, Select a Style? 

WIndow > Workspace > Layout

OK looks like that brought everything back to default.  Luckily I just made a screen print of my customized one.

Thanks.  I'll be rearranging things now.

Save the layout after you've got it set up so you can restore it.

edited August 2016

I have one more problem -

My Aspect Frame used to center when one or both side tabs were open.  How do I get it to center?

Also, my View Controls used to move over as well, so I could have on or both sides open and still be able to access them.

parameters 03.jpg
    1267 x 900 - 153K
    parameters 04.jpg
    247 x 181 - 10K
    Post edited by dracorn on

Move the Shader Mixer/Shader Builder panes out of the center dock, they're the ones that cause it not to scale properly when the side docks are open.

Thanks, Fixmypcmike!  That worked.

One more problem.  I was trying to arrange my toolbars, and one of is free and will not redock, no matter where I hold it.

paremters 05.jpg
    984 x 121 - 26K
  • EManglEMangl Posts: 30

wow, a four year old thread helped me, thank you!

that problem still is active :-(

• erich_953509232a said:

wow, a four year old thread helped me, thank you!

that problem still is active :-(

What problem? Disappearing panes are usually down to the user's having closed them, not an application error - force quitting while DS is shutting down can corrupt the layout files, but that is usually more comprehensive than a single pane closing.