How do I upgrade Bryce 7 Pro to Bryce 7.1 Pro ?

NansteinNanstein Posts: 43
edited August 2016 in Bryce Discussion

Hi all laugh

I can't seem to find the way to upgrade my Bryce Pro 7 to 7.1 anywhere.

Many thanks in advance if someone has a moment to explain.

Janet

EDIT: LOL Never mind. I see that it says Bryce 7.0 Pro "on the tin" but in Windows Program Manager, it says it is, indeed, 7.1

Post edited by Nanstein on

Comments

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,285

Nanstein - The current version is 7.1.0.109. Click on Help on top of the screen, hold down the CTRL key and click on About Bryce.... this gives you the version you are using.

• JamahoneyJamahoney Posts: 1,791
    edited August 2016

Not necessarily a question about B 7.1 pro etc., but rather about the space taken up on my hard disk by Bryce editions not used.

I have an old 918 Gb computer currently running out of space (31 Gb left), and note that Bryce 6.3 and Bryce Lightning take up over 630 Gb of space (see screenshot below). As I really don't use these anymore, would deleting them be okay (e.g. Control Panel/Uninstall Program etc.,), and not affect my Bryce 7.0 edition? Yes, an external hard disk is possible, but if the above is okay, then I'd go that route to save some cash.

Jay

PS. I was suprised to see Bryce took up so much space, or is this just virtual space the 'ware needs to run.

BryceSpace.jpg
    838 x 252 - 196K
    Post edited by Jamahoney on

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,285
    edited August 2016

Jay - My Bryce 6.3 folder occupies 4.7 GB including Lightning. My full Bryce 7.1 folder takes up 41 GB, of these 38.7 GB are for the Presets I collected. Lightning itself 12.9 MB (MB not GB). You need Lightning only if you render over your home network using two or more computers. All my Bryce versions 4.0, 5.01de, 5.01en, 6.0, 6.1, 6.3, 7.0, 7.1beta, 7.1ple, 7.1pro, including 7 daz-dll, some tools, and additional content prepared for 7.1 at the time - all together 84.6 GB.

Compare your Content/Preset folders for 6.3 and 7.1. You might have things double. Uninstalling a Bryce version removes your collected presets so make sure you save them elsewhere temporarily. The only issues you might encounter after deinstalling 6.3 that 7.1 won't find Studio, or Studio Bryce. That would mean re-installing either Bryce 7.1 (save your Preset folder first!) or Studio, or vice versa. I still have Studio 2.3, 3, 4.8 and 4.9 installed so Bryce 5.5 opens Studio 2.3, Bryce 6.x opens Studio 3 and Bryce 7 Studio 4.

Post edited by Horo on
    edited August 2016

Ah that's brilliant advice, Horo...great stuff. Looks like I'll have to do a bit of thinking on what to uninstall; given your space-stats., the figures appearing after I run Start/Control Panel/Programs/Uninstal a Program in Win 7.0 may be related to something other than space taken up.

Perhaps, deleting other, Bryce-unrelated stuff might be an option - the computer is still just as fast as the day I bought it, capable of handling the latest games, 'wares etc., too. Buying a new one right now would be just wasteful (I'm a bit of a greenie, tight also..."short arms and deep pockets" ...as they say cheeky).

Many thanks again

Jay

Post edited by Jamahoney on
  • Does the BryceContent download include the Bryce basic program or is it only extra stuff?