OBJ/MTL to ... something more useful?

I've got a bunch of stuff that's OBJ and MTL only. I got from the old forums that I can make PP2s for the OBJs like this:

example, you have c:\program files\daz/studio/content/runtime/geometries/YOURNAME/car.obj
in notepad type
{
prop car
   {
   objFileGeom 0 0 ":runtime:geometries:YOURNAME:car.obj"
   }
} 

(Thanks, Casual!)

And that seems to work pretty well! Now, what do I do to the MTL files? I've found suggestions that there's a relatively easy way to change them into PZ2s, but I've yet to find what that way is... Any suggestions?

Comments

• FrankTFrankT Posts: 6
    edited December 1969

The .mtl file is just a pointer to the textures referenced in the .obj file - you can't make a pz2 from one really

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

If in Poser you need to make the pz2 from the mc6.

• edited May 2012

FrankT said:
    The .mtl file is just a pointer to the textures referenced in the .obj file - you can't make a pz2 from one really

Thanks. Any way to ... reference the mtl in the pp2? Include it in the pp2? I've yet to quite make the buttocks/elbow distinction with the guts of these files, and I'd prefer not to have to go fish around with import every time I want to use one of these things. Worst part? I have no earthly idea what the materials are supposed to look like, so all my 'OH GOD, WHY IS THIS DEFAULT WHITE!?' may be ... because it's supposed to be default white.

If in Poser you need to make the pz2 from the mc6.

DS 3.1 and there is no mc6. There are only the obj and the mtl for each prop.
    Post edited by thinmick_3ecd3939f1 on