Invisible things render visible.....???

DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
edited December 1969 in The Commons

Something is weird in my DS4 right now.....

its rendering things that I set as 0% opacity and in preview look invisible but when i render are still there. I'm absolutely certain that the surface is correctly selected, and correctly set to 0% but it's still rendering 100% visible.

I closed and restarted daz and reloaded the scene. The error is still there. HELP! what can i do to fix this?

Comments

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,316
    edited December 1969

Are you using the fog camera, I've just had that happen to me with the handle on the wings of one of Kens birds, the fog camera renders them visable, with a normal camera they're invisable.

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001
    edited December 1969

What version of DS?

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

Grrr i totally thought I posted a reply to this earlier but apparently got logged out while typing the reply so when I clicked submit post and wandered away it just went to a login screen.... *sigh*

Using DS4.5.0.114. It's not a camera thing, I loaded a plain default camera, and also tried perspective cameras, but always the invisble thing is rendering.

• DisparateDreamerDisparateDreamer Posts: 2,491
    edited December 1969

oh my gosh i just figured it out and it was something so simple.... :embarrassed"
    opacity was set to "off" for some reason, so even if i had the opacity slider set to 0, and the preview was invisible it was still rendering.... if turned opacity ON it works again.

Doh.
    Don't I feel stupid now..... please ignore this thread! T_T