Display Property Group in the Parameters tab?

I cannot find a way of selecting and displaying a Property Group in the Parameters tab.  I can change the values of the properties themselves, and I can get the Parameters tab to display using "togglePane", but I cannot get a group (say, Actor/People/Real World) to display in the interface.  Does anyone know if there is a way of doing this?

I want to do this to give the user the option of going directly to my custom dials rather than having to tediously search around in the Property trees.

Comments

• djigneodjigneo Posts: 283

I'm having a hard time following your question. In the Parameters pane, the name of the feature you're looking to play with is Property > Gear icon > Parameter settings > Path.

From the Property pane menu, toggling Edit mode to 'Yes' will allow you to multi-select the properties you'd like to edit and change the path all at once with context menu > Set > Property group.

If you mean to set the Property group from from code, I can dig up an example. If you mean you'd like to select a property group from within a Script, I don't know off the top of my head.

• Yes, I meant using Script.  All I really want to do is to get the properties of a particular group (for example, Actor/People/Real World) to display in the interface, just as if I had clicked on the group.  This code

var oPaneMgr = MainWindow.getPaneMgr();var aPaneList = oPaneMgr.getPaneList();var nPanes = oPaneMgr.getNumPanes();for( var i = 0; i < nPanes; i++ ){		if( aPaneList[ i ]. getLabel() == "Parameters" ){		oPaneMgr.togglePane( i );	}}

will switch to the Parameters tab, but I can't see how I can get a particular group to then show.  I have been looking at DzProperty, DzPropertyGroup and DzPropertyGroupTree, but nothing I try seems to work.

This is not a major thing, but I thought it would add a little user functionality to my next project.  I have already reconciled myself to just putting a message box up saying where my custom group is to be found.