Is there a way to mirror morphs?

LagrangeLagrange Posts: 111

I mean create a left-right mirrored copy for one-sided morph.

Post edited by Lagrange on

Comments

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,219

Which figure?  What program (Daz Studio?)?  Did you create the morph and if so in what program?

• The current version of DS (4.9.2.70) has added a morph-mirroring option to Morph Loader Pro - select the OBJ file, then click the triangle next to it in the dialogue to show options and on Morph Mirroring right-click the current setting to change. This is a new feature, so not available in older versions.

• LagrangeLagrange Posts: 111

I have 4.9.1.3. How can I get 4.9.2.70?

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,851

I have 4.9.1.3. How can I get 4.9.2.70?

4.9.2.70 is the current release and is available in the DIM.

Million thanks, guys, you are the best. Now I can use Sculptris to creare morphs for Daz. Previously I couldn't because Sculptris has incompatible principles of work with symmetry. Very glad now.

This is unbeliable. Everytime when something in Daz begins to work another detail immediatly ruins everything. The moment I updated to 4.9.2.7 Iray render stoped working. "Unable to render. No renderer available". I can't believe it. Soft with million mistakes. It will never work fine.

• Cris PalominoCris Palomino Posts: 11,219

When you look under the Render options, do you see that it is showing Nvidia as the render engine?

Yes. Nvidia Iray. And it doesnt start.

Are there check marks by your Nvidia graphics card(s) or CPU to show that they are selected for Iray rendering?
    You didn't have Daz Studio running when you updated did you?
    edited August 2016

How could I have it running if I previously uninstalled the old version?

And wow - GPU option gone! CPU render doesn't start either.

Post edited by Lagrange on
    Did you say someplace that you uninstalled it first? If so, I missed that. That surprised me anyway. It isn't necessary to uninstall before updating. Perhaps you should try reinstalling. Maybe something didn't install correctly.

Reinstalled. Error stays. No words to describe feelings...

Well now, how can I get the previous version?

• TottallouTottallou Posts: 555

I think you would need to contact support for a previous version of Daz

Have you checked under installed plugins in case Nvidea Iray Rendere has somehow got unchecked -

If that is checked maybe look in your log & see if it gives any other details & post them incase anyone else has other ideas

Good luck

I don't think Iray render engine is a plug-in is it?

Everytime... I use Daz for about a year and there was no a single day when everything worked fine. Every damn time I fix one thing the other falls off.

Yes, Iray is a plugin and I have it.

2016-08-01_135729.jpg
    613 x 516 - 92K
  • barbult said:
    I don't think Iray render engine is a plug-in is it?

dzirayrenderer.dll, and there's dzdelightrenderer.dll which is 3Delight. It may be worth unisntalling, making sure that the Iray plug-in has really gone, and reinstalling - though if it is showing as an available engine I don't think the plug-in is simply failing to load.

Iray a plug in! Wow! I guess I thought plug ins were only things I had to install like Dynamic Clothing Control or LAMH and input a serial number for, but now I do see that there are dozens of plug ins that are installed silently by Daz Studio installation. I learned something here.

5562 messeges an still learning )

Well, I have to write to support. Hte doing this because need to wait nearly a month for the unswear.

Always learning. Things keep changing. Yesterday's truth is debunked today.

Is it possible that you are running some security software that is interfering with installation? Kaspersky is often found to cause problems.

edited August 2016

Here is another off the wall idea. Iray is only available in 64 bit Daz Studio. You didn't accidently install the 32 bit version did you? I don't think you would see Iray as a choice in the render setting in that case, though. But I've never run the 32 bit version so I don't know for sure.

Post edited by barbult on

I have Cezurity antivirus, it never caused me trouble.

Daz is 64 bit for sure. Once I had 32, Iray was showing as an option but Render button couldn't be pressed. Now it is another thing.

Somebody may say that this is because I have old sustem - XP 64 bit. BUT the previous version of Daz was already working and no reason for it to brake now.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

For future reference DIMM updates overwrite all previous versions of everything installed via DIMM, so for Daz Studio it would be a great idea to do a manual download/install instead, either that or make a backup folder for all your DIMM downloads!...I have nearly every version of Daz Studio since version 1.0, I'm anal that way lol!

It could also be a resident driver issue as each version of DAZ most likely uses new and different aspect/configs of how your resident drivers interact with D|S's newer configurations of the program, and since the dev-team (As well as most software programmers) are currently programming for a windows 7-10 environment, there is not going to be any solution for conflicts in newer programs that you install on your system unless you upgrade windows, as win XP is no longer supported, by MS or most software programmers.

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957

Takezo you have older versions? Give me please 4.9.1.3 via any file hosting or by torrent.

Also you right, always need backups, I just overtrusted Daz team! Will never make same mistake.

Damn...The earliest D|S 4.9 version that I have is: 4.9.0.63_Win64 I'll upload if I can get word from a mod that it's alright to do so.

When you submit a help request about this problem, be sure to note that you are using Windows XP, in case that does turn out to be the problem. The software system requirements haven't been updated since 2013, so I doubt if you can rely on them. [I think I'll submit a help request to ask for an update or confirmation that they are correct.] In your help request, you can also include a link to this thread, so they can see all the things that we have suggested and that you have tried without success. It may speed up the process if they can use that to eliminate some possibilities, and so you don't have to answer all the same questions over again (hopefully).

I created a ticket half of a day ago (and now waiting for 3-4 weeks for them to unswear). I didn't show the link to this topic but described everything significant. Thanks to everybody who was helping me and screw those who was against. Topic may be counted as closed.

• Richard Haseltine said:

The current version of DS (4.9.2.70) has added a morph-mirroring option to Morph Loader Pro - select the OBJ file, then click the triangle next to it in the dialogue to show options and on Morph Mirroring right-click the current setting to change. This is a new feature, so not available in older versions.

It seems to be broken in DS 4.21 now
    I just tried it for I needed it. It doesn't work anymore

• What was the morph for?