| Available Now | dForce Cien Fleur Dress for Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1 Female

ParallaxCreatesParallaxCreates Posts: 413
edited August 3 in Daz PA Commercial Products

I make a lot assets and 98% of it is never uploaded. I warm up everyday in ZBrush alternating throughout the week between different workflows to keep my mind calibrated for switching between Hard Surface and Organic items. I also "close the circle" every Sunday.

That means every Sunday I'll have a project that went through the following:
1. Blockout
2. Refine Shapes
3. Retop
4. UV/Mat Zones
5. High Poly Details
6. Baking
7. Texturing
8. Rigging (Sometimes)

A lot of what I create may or may not ever get rigged because these assets serve as skills maintenance. Several 3D Artists took interest in it when it appeared in one of my promos. Thanks to them, I went ahead and rigged it.

Cien Fleur Dress is currently in the hands of Marketing, zero issues in QA and pending a release date!

Here's the original appearance:

Kira Hat for Genesis 9, 8.1, 8, and 3 by: ParallaxCreates, 3D Models by Daz 3D

Here's the completed version that's dropping soon!

This is just 1 of the 5 different Texture Sets that'll be included with your purchase btw! The red design areas are lace, so I rendered those areas with more shadows for obvious reasons :)

Post edited by ParallaxCreates on

Comments

• HighlandHighland Posts: 158

Beautiful! I bought this and the Kira Hat. In the second promo for the hat the dress is similar but has eyelets or grommets and red laces. Will that be available later?

• ParallaxCreatesParallaxCreates Posts: 413
    edited August 4

Highland said:

Beautiful! I bought this and the Kira Hat. In the second promo for the hat the dress is similar but has eyelets or grommets and red laces. Will that be available later?

Hi and thank you! I'm glad you noticed and brought it up so I can finally talk about artistic decisions vs functionality and this one of those prime examples. I initially rigged the original design I had in mind in Maya, dress, eyelets and gromments. It was beautiful and coupled with some nice weight painting and extra bones I was able to get acceptable results. Unfortunately those results did not translate well into Daz Studio. I confess that my training for rigging lies with Maya and 3ds Max though Daz is very simliar to most 3D Packages but it differs with JCMs. That's where the problems started for me. I was able to GoZ back and forth to achieve somewhat better results but the deforming in that area warped and distorted the gromments and eyelets still. So I opted to reworking the dress and finally omitting the details in order to get the dress done with no issues that would arise for artists and the QA deparment as well.

Good news though, I'm one for getting past challenges especially those that obstruct my ideas. I am working on several projects both Daz and for the industry too and via one of those projects I figured out a solution to add those types of details in that area where the neck, collar bones, upper chest, lower chest and upper abdomen have influence. Soon!

Post edited by ParallaxCreates on
  • HighlandHighland Posts: 158

Great! Looking forward!