Daz Studio Pro BETA - version 4.22.1.154! (*UPDATED*)

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,431
    edited January 27

evilded777 said:

Can anyone verify the behavior I am seeing when rendering to canvases? I no longer think its "sometimes", I think any file you save with canvases loses its connections to its nodes while saving.

Yes, I see that when I close DS, reopen it, and reload the saved scene, the Node Lists still exist, but they are no longer associated with the canvases they were previously assigned to. The canvases say Node List None. I don't know if the problem is in the saving or the reloading of the scene.

Edit: I opened that saved canvases scene (created and saved in 4.22.1.58) in 4.21.0.5, and it opened correctly with the node lists assigned to the canvases, so the error in 4.22.1.58 seems to be related to reopening the saved file, not saving the file.

Post edited by barbult on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

well I cannot figure out how to use triplanar

there is no premade shader 

I would have assumed a UV option

I guess I have to wait for a product to buy

• felisfelis Posts: 3,875

Where has texture compression settings gone?

Was usually in Render Settings > Advanced.

• felis said:

Render Settings - Editor - Optimization

• felisfelis Posts: 3,875

DoctorJellybean said:

felis said:

Thank you 

• barbult said:

evilded777 said:

Can anyone verify the behavior I am seeing when rendering to canvases? I no longer think its "sometimes", I think any file you save with canvases loses its connections to its nodes while saving.

Yes, I see that when I close DS, reopen it, and reload the saved scene, the Node Lists still exist, but they are no longer associated with the canvases they were previously assigned to. The canvases say Node List None. I don't know if the problem is in the saving or the reloading of the scene.

Edit: I opened that saved canvases scene (created and saved in 4.22.1.58) in 4.21.0.5, and it opened correctly with the node lists assigned to the canvases, so the error in 4.22.1.58 seems to be related to reopening the saved file, not saving the file.

This has been fixed

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_22_1_71

• felis said:

DoctorJellybean said:

felis said:

Thank you 

More info about that

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_22_1_40

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_22_1_53

edited February 3

DoctorJellybean said:

barbult said:

evilded777 said:

This has been fixed

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log#4_22_1_71

It is great to know that Daz is paying attention to user beta problems posted here! Thank you.

Edit: I have now installed 4.22.1.74 and this is fixed.

I continue to have a problem with the Toon canvas renders. The outline is applied to hair caps, eyebrows, eyelashes, even though I have given them an Iray object ID of 0,0,0. It appears that things with cutout opacity maps or values below 1 do not work correctly with the outline, but that does not explain why fiber eyebrows get outlined.

Is this outline problem a known bug?
    Is there a workaround?
    Am I doing something wrong?

Screenshot 2024-02-03 003356.jpg
    604 x 1166 - 132K
    Toon Canvas 4.22.1-Canvas2-PostToon.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 5M
    Screenshot 2024-02-03 004113.jpg
    585 x 1153 - 101K
  • crosswindcrosswind Posts: 5,238
    edited February 3

With 4.22.1.74, in comparison with 4.22.0.15, it turns slow (laggy) when creating, renaming, deleting a Camera. Anybody has experienced this issue ? Does it result from the new feature of "current camera view is checked in View Selection menu"?

There was no such a lag in previous PB 4.22.1.58...

Post edited by crosswind on

crosswind said:

With 4.22.1.74, in comparison with 4.22.0.15, it turns slow (laggy) when creating, renaming, deleting a Camera. Anybody has experienced this issue ? Does it result from the new feature of "current camera view is checked in View Selection menu"?

No, I haven't experienced this.

edited February 3

barbult said:

crosswind said:

No, I haven't experienced this.

Thank you for the test. I do believe the issue comes from that feature... If you rename a G9 in the same scene, it's pretty fast, while renaming a Camera, at least 0.5 second lag...

crosswind said:

Thank you for the test. I do believe the issue comes from that feature... If you rename a G9 in the same scene, it's pretty fast, while renaming a Camera, at least 0.5 second lag...

When do you see the lag? Between the time you click the name and when you can type a new name? Between the time you type the new name and when the changed name appears in the  Scene pane?

edited February 4

barbult said:

crosswind said:

When do you see the lag? Between the time you click the name and when you can type a new name? Between the time you type the new name and when the changed name appears in the  Scene pane?

Like this: Select a Camera, single click on it, type in a new name, press Enter, then a lag can be seen... With 4.22.1.58 / 4.22.0.15, there's an instant change after pressing Enter.

Besides, if you delete cameras or spotlights, then Ctrl + Z, you may also find this process is slower than previous versions...

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

Like this: Select a Camera, single click on it, type in a new name, press Enter, then a lag can be seen... With 4.22.1.58 / 4.22.0.15, there's an instant change after pressing Enter.

Besides, if you delete cameras or spotlights, then Ctrl + Z, you may also find this process is slower than previous versions...

I'm not seeing a lag in either renaming or un-deleting.  What else is in your scene?  Can you create a simple scene in which this happens?

edited February 4

Fixmypcmike said:

crosswind said:

barbult said:

crosswind said:

I'm not seeing a lag in either renaming or un-deleting.  What else is in your scene?  Can you create a simple scene in which this happens?

Pls take a look at this short video - https://mega.nz/file/bSgnBKRK#u9OC3AdApA6OCHSwN_aRKg1ZEkIiw5ZPfj4ozgfsdS8

I've never experienced such an issue before... Hope you can notice that "little bit laggy" in the video. Thank you !

PS: My General Release and Public Build have the same settings as well as the loaded plugins....

crosswind said:

Pls take a look at this short video - https://mega.nz/file/bSgnBKRK#u9OC3AdApA6OCHSwN_aRKg1ZEkIiw5ZPfj4ozgfsdS8

I've never experienced such an issue before... Hope you can notice that "little bit laggy" in the video. Thank you !

PS: My General Release and Public Build have the same settings as well as the loaded plugins....

I can see that it appears slightly slower in the second half of your video. But the difference is so small, I don't think I would have ever noticed without you pointing it out. I'm not really sure if I can reproduce the lag or not. It does seems a tiny bit slower in 4.22.1.74 than 4.21.0.5, which are the two versions I have installed. But the difference is so small, I can't say for sure.

barbult said:

crosswind said:

I can see that it appears slightly slower in the second half of your video. But the difference is so small, I don't think I would have ever noticed without you pointing it out. I'm not really sure if I can reproduce the lag or not. It does seems a tiny bit slower in 4.22.1.74 than 4.21.0.5, which are the two versions I have installed. But the difference is so small, I can't say for sure.

Yes, you're right... Just because it's really fast in GR, such a little lag in PB is pretty obvious to me, hoho~ devil

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,754

Is the "Decimator Pane" what it sound like?

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/change_log

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,186

PerttiA said:

A pane associated with the Decimator Plugin?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,754

Leana said:

PerttiA said:

Reading all the references to Decimator in the change log, I don't think it is about the Decimator Plugin. 

It sounds like the plugin to me.
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,186

PerttiA said:

Leana said:

PerttiA said:

Reading all the references to Decimator in the change log, I don't think it is about the Decimator Plugin. 

Why not? The plugin is part of DS code, it's simply not active unless you have a serial. So that would make sense that updates related to "decimator" in the log are about the plugin.

edited February 23

I cannot save a weight map mode D-Former preset in DS 4.22.1.88 Public Build. I'm attaching am image of the settings used to create the D-Former. All I did was use the weight map brush to add and subtract some weight to areas of a cube. Then I selected the cube and tried to save the D-Former preset.

I don't get an error pop up, but the preset is not created.
    The destination folder has a .png, .png.tip, and .duf.tmp.
    The log file says:

2024-02-23 02:46:30.157 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18581): NULL pointer.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.157 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18568): writeNodeInstanceRecurse() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18517): writeNodeInstances() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(790): writeScene() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzDFormPane\dzdformassetfilter.cpp(413): Failed to write a D-Former(s) Preset. See the log for more details.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.184 [INFO] :: Saved image: N:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DIM Library\Presets\D-Formers\Cube d-former 4.22 beta.tip.png

I looked for help in the Documentation Center. This is what I found - nothing helpful

Screenshot 2024-02-23 024935.jpg
    307 x 243 - 19K
    Screenshot 2024-02-23 025525.jpg
    1147 x 715 - 93K

It doesn't work either with GR 4.22.0.15.... I checked the DSON file, the error happens when writing the data of "D-Former Field" ... but a d-Former with Weight Map mode has no "D-Former Field"... so it's a bug I presume... though I never use Weight Map mode.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,947

FBX import has greatly improved

some stuff needs zeroing and LOD's removed but generally not an animated jumbled mess anymore

• barbult said:

I cannot save a weight map mode D-Former preset in DS 4.22.1.88 Public Build. I'm attaching am image of the settings used to create the D-Former. All I did was use the weight map brush to add and subtract some weight to areas of a cube. Then I selected the cube and tried to save the D-Former preset.

I don't get an error pop up, but the preset is not created.
    The destination folder has a .png, .png.tip, and .duf.tmp.
    The log file says:

2024-02-23 02:46:30.157 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18581): NULL pointer.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.157 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18568): writeNodeInstanceRecurse() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(18517): writeNodeInstances() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\sdksource\fileoutput\dzassetoutfile.cpp(790): writeScene() failed.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.158 [WARNING] :: \src\pluginsource\DzDFormPane\dzdformassetfilter.cpp(413): Failed to write a D-Former(s) Preset. See the log for more details.
    2024-02-23 02:46:30.184 [INFO] :: Saved image: N:\DAZ 3D\Studio\My DIM Library\Presets\D-Formers\Cube d-former 4.22 beta.tip.png

I looked for help in the Documentation Center. This is what I found - nothing helpful

Couple of thoughts:

Did you select the deformer on the save (It doesn't automatically check it). Screenshot is the default dialog.

As you used a cube, did you save it as it might be looking for the figure it was made for?

D-Former.png
    469 x 429 - 17K
    Yes, I selected All D-Formers in that dialog. The cube was just a simple example. My original failure was on a garment purchased from the Daz store. I believe it is a software bug. See crosswind's comment above, please.
    crosswind said:

It doesn't work either with GR 4.22.0.15.... I checked the DSON file, the error happens when writing the data of "D-Former Field" ... but a d-Former with Weight Map mode has no "D-Former Field"... so it's a bug I presume... though I never use Weight Map mode.

Thanks for confirming the problem and your additional analysis. Weight map mode is very useful for creating attenuators for Morph Loader Pro, when creating morphs to apply to only a partial area. Even though I wasn't able to save the D-Former as a preset, it did work correctly as an attenuator within the scene file.

barbult said:

crosswind said:

Thanks for confirming the problem and your additional analysis. Weight map mode is very useful for creating attenuators for Morph Loader Pro, when creating morphs to apply to only a partial area. Even though I wasn't able to save the D-Former as a preset, it did work correctly as an attenuator within the scene file.

Yeah, agreed. However I think you can just use a D-Former with Default Settings, with adding weight map on "D-Former Field" rather than "D-Former Base", then Attenuate in MLP works with it as well. The HeadSplit D-Former in Starter Essentials just uses this way. And it can be saved as D-Former Preset...