Carrara Challenge #66 - Jumping Off a Browser Scene Go Splat !

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Stezza said:

Thanks for the positive comments smiley

This scene I used Dimension Theory's HDRPro set UR-Trails scene.

Modelled the emu and used Carrara hair for the feathers and modelled the emu eggs ( well I modelled one then duplicated it a few times ) and the swiss cheese plant, used other prop products from several different sets from Daz and HW3D

Emu Dad

Fun Fact:
    Females that meet a spunky male, have a short-lived romance with him for around five months and then leave once she has laid her eggs. The male will then stay on the nest for eight weeks waiting for the eggs to hatch. Once hatched, the young Emus will stay with the father for up to six-months where he will show them how to forage and survive. surprise

This looks like one of your prize-winners from a bird contest.  Have there been any to enter lately?

Awesome lighting and textures.

thanks UB newly setup  and rendered today  laugh

unfortunately, Ken Gilliland hasn't run the bird render contest for a few years now... they were always fun to enter yes 

Excellent Stezza !!!

One of my renders which I won't do now was going to be TA's Soggy Bottom with Australian Trees replacing the European trees. Was also going to have your Emu following one of the paths in the scene !!!

Bunyip, why not just do it?   smiley  I think that Stezza would be flattered.  And Soggy Bottom needs to be rendered more.  I used it in a Challenge several years ago - don't remember anyone else using it.

And Stezza, I meant that your emu render looked the same high quality as you have entered in past bird contests.  It is hard to communicate clearly via written word sometimes. frown

edited April 2023

At last - our first clear view of the plateau!

I started with the Palm Trees in the SpecialFX category within the Scene tab.  These are 2D, but technically they are not splats.  I also used the supplied lens flare.

Added next was the Tapui plateau in Landscapes 2.

The other objects in the scene are a kitbashed car, V3, and M3.  Curved Carrara text for license plate. :)

No postwork (a particular constraint that I use a lot which helps me to better learn Carrara)

At Last the Plateau.png
    1800 x 1200 - 4M
    At Last Carrara setup.JPG
    1614 x 1022 - 378K
    At Last 2D Palm trees.JPG
    1344 x 900 - 327K
    At Last Tapui.JPG
    1351 x 904 - 144K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    edited April 2023

UnifiedBrain said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Stezza said:

Emu Dad

This looks like one of your prize-winners from a bird contest.  Have there been any to enter lately?

Awesome lighting and textures.

thanks UB newly setup  and rendered today  laugh

unfortunately, Ken Gilliland hasn't run the bird render contest for a few years now... they were always fun to enter yes 

Excellent Stezza !!!

One of my renders which I won't do now was going to be TA's Soggy Bottom with Australian Trees replacing the European trees. Was also going to have your Emu following one of the paths in the scene !!!

Bunyip, why not just do it?   smiley  I think that Stezza would be flattered.  And Soggy Bottom needs to be rendered more.  I used it in a Challenge several years ago - don't remember anyone else using it.

And Stezza, I meant that your emu render looked the same high quality as you have entered in past bird contests.  It is hard to communicate clearly via written word sometimes. frown

Plan B - Someone saw a Tassie Tiger !!!

Scene Setup

CC66 Tassie Tiger WIP -1.png
    3825 x 1030 - 2M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
    edited April 2023

Someone saw a Tassie Tiger !!! - Render

Stezza - if you are upset that you crossed the finish line first I will make this a non-entry - for fun only !

CC66 Tassie Tiger 1.png
    1600 x 900 - 3M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on

UnifiedBrain said:

I started with the Palm Trees in the SpecialFX category within the Scene tab.  These are 2D, but technically they are not splats.  I also used the supplied lens flare.

The other objects in the scene are a kitbashed car, V3, and M3.  Curved Carrara text for license plate. :)

No postwork (a particular constraint that I use a lot which helps me to better learn Carrara)

Groovy !!!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza - if you are upset that you crossed the finish line first I will make this a non-entry - for fun only !

I don't understand your comment indecision 

Stezza said:

Bunyip02 said:

I don't understand your comment indecision 

Hello Stezza - if you are worried about me plagarising/copying your scene, as you were first to complete the scene, I am making my scene a non-entry, done for the fun of doing it ! There are many similarities to your Roo render, am aiming for something different with my entries.

I still don't get it... maybe I missed something.. I see no similarities at all and if there was it wouldn't worry me the slightest surprise

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Car & Parking Lot Render

Inspiration for the Scene is by TangoAlpha, whose scenes have multiple Cameras, each a scene in their own right !!!

weel I need to go huning for that one in my scene browser :)

Car Park Cam in Hemlock Folly - https://www.daz3d.com/hemlock-folly

Thank you Bunyip02, I need to revisit. When I first got it I couldn't get the shadows to work as I had an older version of Carrara ??? Can't remember ....

Stezza said:

Thanks for the positive comments smiley

This scene I used Dimension Theory's HDRPro set UR-Trails scene.

Modelled the emu and used Carrara hair for the feathers and modelled the emu eggs ( well I modelled one then duplicated it a few times ) and the swiss cheese plant, used other prop products from several different sets from Daz and HW3D

Emu Dad

Fun Fact:
    Females that meet a spunky male, have a short-lived romance with him for around five months and then leave once she has laid her eggs. The male will then stay on the nest for eight weeks waiting for the eggs to hatch. Once hatched, the young Emus will stay with the father for up to six-months where he will show them how to forage and survive. surprise

that's a terrific scene stezza, admirable job you did on the feathers!!! and a funner fact couldn't be found I reckon :)

UnifiedBrain said:

Nice scene UB, had very much a Jurassic Park/Raiders of the last arc feel. That particular Scene in the Browser has so much to offer. From memory they were splats but of course as you say they are not !

Thanks for the comments on the Rain Splat render too :)

Bunyip02 said:

Serene Scene, the path around the swamp and the Tasmanian Tiger placed succinctly :) Is that Soggy Bottom? Catchy name too!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,712

I never got shadows to work with splats which is why I don't see the point of them

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I never got shadows to work with splats which is why I don't see the point of them

yes there were problems I had in the past  - I haven't managed to find any this time but still waiting :) Mind you I haven't been looking for them either :) 

edited April 2023

meanwhile, on the plateau....

Just Beyond Reach

The background is the sky preset called Golden Sunset.  I've never before used these presets, probably because it is the older Sky atmosphere and is kind of wonky to use (for me).

I rendered that, then mounted it on a plane and added a tree from the "Inside the Forest" landscape preset, plus a couple of reptiles and some hair on a plane.

No postwork.

Just Beyond Reach.png
    1800 x 1200 - 1M
    Just Beyond sky preset.png
    2640 x 1980 - 748K
    Just Beyond setup.JPG
    1666 x 1039 - 365K
    Just Beyond a good idea.png
    1800 x 1200 - 610K
    edited April 2023

haven't got round to using any splats yet... still thinking of what I could do... wink

Poor Rex, better stick to galliwhatsits in future.. laugh

Something different here .. Using Jackson's field modified to use gum trees I modelled a bandicoot today and came up with several images all the same but different so went with this idea.... I better not post what I did at first devil

Can you 

Bandicoot differences.png
    1038 x 1600 - 2M
    Post edited by Stezza on
    edited April 2023

Used Jackson's field for this render. Modelled and boned a bandicoot with Carrara hair, modelled the old building and the milk can as well as a rogue emu egg!

Bandicoot

Fun Fact: 

The Long-nosed Bandicoot is found along the east coast of Australia, from north Queensland to Victoria and Tasmania. The Northern Brown Bandicoot’s range follows the coastline of northern and eastern Australia, as far south as NSW. It’s also found in southern Papua New Guinea.

Both species can live in a variety of habitats, from heaths and woodlands to rainforests. They prefer habitats with dense vegetation to shelter during the day, and open areas to forage for food at night.

Bandicoot.png
    900 x 692 - 1M
    Screenshot 2023-04-12 155149.png
    1871 x 991 - 2M
    Post edited by Stezza on

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Serene Scene, the path around the swamp and the Tasmanian Tiger placed succinctly :) Is that Soggy Bottom? Catchy name too!

Thanks !!! Yep it's Soggy Bottom but with the trees switched.

Headwax said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

yes there were problems I had in the past  - I haven't managed to find any this time but still waiting :) Mind you I haven't been looking for them either :) 

There were a couple of shadow glitches in my Alien Plants render, not as noticeable when the whole forest was done.

UnifiedBrain said:

meanwhile, on the plateau....

Just Beyond Reach

The background is the sky preset called Golden Sunset.  I've never before used these presets, probably because it is the older Sky atmosphere and is kind of wonky to use (for me).

I rendered that, then mounted it on a plane and added a tree from the "Inside the Forest" landscape preset, plus a couple of reptiles and some hair on a plane.

No postwork.

TRex on tippy toes - nice use of the scene elents !!!

Stezza said:

Used Jackson's field for this render. Modelled and boned a bandicoot with Carrara hair, modelled the old building and the milk can as well as a rogue emu egg!

Bandicoot

Fun Fact: 

The Long-nosed Bandicoot is found along the east coast of Australia, from north Queensland to Victoria and Tasmania. The Northern Brown Bandicoot’s range follows the coastline of northern and eastern Australia, as far south as NSW. It’s also found in southern Papua New Guinea.

Both species can live in a variety of habitats, from heaths and woodlands to rainforests. They prefer habitats with dense vegetation to shelter during the day, and open areas to forage for food at night.

Excellent modelling !!!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited April 2023

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Headwax said:

Of course a challenge with no constraints is the most diificult challenge at all.

" Actually  ,  the easyest  "  

just use favorite  patened   scenes  _   to make Best Images  _   Not to follow  any particular theme  +   Thanx

Hello ed3D - joining in the fun I hope ?!!

double that !

&   Thanx   +  Thanx     _    

Post edited by ed3D on
    edited April 2023

Bunyip02 said:

Thanks Bunyip.  After mulling it over, I modified it.

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Same elements + the tapai plateau and a modified primative.  Just different proportions.

Headwax said:

Nice scene UB, had very much a Jurassic Park/Raiders of the last arc feel. That particular Scene in the Browser has so much to offer. From memory they were splats but of course as you say they are not !

Much appreciated - glad the render gives that vibe.  It's a different take on the classic 1912 story by AC Doyle, The Lost World.  Professor Challenger was the protagonist.

edited April 2023

UnifiedBrain said:

Bunyip02 said:

Thanks Bunyip.  After mulling it over, I modified it.

It seemed like a good idea at the time...

Same elements + the tapai plateau and a modified primative.  Just different proportions.

Brilliant way of using 'SPLAT' when not using a splat! laugh

this wins the internet today yes 

thanks @Bunyip02

Post edited by Stezza on
  • DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

Headwax said:

The creators of Carrara obviously loved Carrara.

One of the legacies they left us with was a whole bunch of complimentary "scenes' in our browser (the above image is from Lava Lamp scene)

They were left there by the Carrara Gods to give is ideas how to use the program - as 'jumping off points."

That is So Awesome of you to say!

I agree whole heartedly and love to Thank these fine folks forever!!!

Beautiful piece of work there!

It would be cool if Daz 3d hired Antoine to rekindle the fires!

I am ever grateful for all of the incredible wonders they've included. The little Animation Rigging guy is So Cool!!! His IK is all set up... he's one rockin' little fella!

When I was still putting the finishing touches on Starry Sky for Carrara I accidentally decided to try loading it into a Carrara preset scene. I chose Spectral Clouds. I think I peed myself, right then and there!

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

Also, as long as it keeps working, I'm truly fine with Carrara 8.5 Pro just the way it is!

Truth!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949
    edited April 2023

~    &   Kind of  ....WIPs

Screenshot (207).png
    1920 x 1032 - 393K
    Screenshot (206).png
    1911 x 1031 - 383K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited April 2023

UB - Excellent plateau and perfect use of the lens flare.  Splats are optional.  Great scene.

- just beyond reach.  I am a sucker for silhouettes.  Very impactful.

Bunyip - Tassie Tiger is beautiful.  The elements separate nicely.  Love it.  Like the others, not sure what you think the issue is.  Seems perfect.

Stezza - wonderful modeling on the mouse (bandicoot).  Hair really sells it.  Does it have battle of wits against cats?

ed3D - I detect a pyramid theme!  Can do a lot with the sky presets.  You have a vibrant image going.  

Wendy - thanks for the tip about splat shadows.  I haven't experimented with it yet, but will make sure to look for that.  

Dart - Saw a picture of one of your band audiences in another thread.  Looks like fun!  Yes, your starry sky scene is most helpful.  I am using your woodland set in an entry this time around.  Which brings me to my next post...

Post edited by Diomede on