Carrara Challenge #66 - Jumping Off a Browser Scene Go Splat !

Comments

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,699
    edited April 2023

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Monster Cave Goblin - better run he's out hunting for meat !

Inspiration for this scene is the plants of Carrara. Used the Basic Plants & items from various scenes by Howie Farkes.

Final image

Hello Bunyip02, some more eggscellent work (Happy Easter!)  For thise one, a small critique would be to render the plants/grass from above and use that generated texture on your landcape - it would make the whole scene more organcially wholistic c so to speak :) sorry about the typos - my keyboard Surface Pro likes to insert typing where ever it likes ...

Hello Headwax - Happy Easter in return !!! Critique's are welcome - original terrain texture was imported from Bryce as was the terrain, replaced it with a Flink's ground texture to make the scene hum !!!

CC66_Monsta - Cave Goblin 1b Tpz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 5M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,802
    edited April 2023

This scene I used Howie's Noble Pines scene and modified it by replacing the pine trees with gum trees.

Used Lynnes Kangaroo and a cat from Content Paradise when it was around both with Carrara fur applied. The crows are the flock by DZFire

Kangaroo in a Pond

When a predator stalks a kangaroo it will jump into the middle of a water hole and just sit there to get away... if the predator decides to follow the roo into the water the predator becomes the victim as the kangaroo will grab it and drown it.. surprise

Screenshot 2023-04-10 143801.png
    1896 x 1021 - 557K
    Kangaroo in a pond.png
    800 x 497 - 714K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

Bunyip02 said:

Final image

Hello Bunyip02, some more eggscellent work (Happy Easter!)  For thise one, a small critique would be to render the plants/grass from above and use that generated texture on your landcape - it would make the whole scene more organcially wholistic c so to speak :) sorry about the typos - my keyboard Surface Pro likes to insert typing where ever it likes ...

Hello Headwax - Happy Easter in return !!! Critique's are welcome - original terrain texture was imported from Bryce as was the terrain, replaced it with a Flink's ground texture to make the scene hum !!!

wow that make's so much difference :)

Stezza said:

This scene I used Howie's Noble Pines scene and modified it by replacing the pine trees with gum trees.

Used Lynnes Kangaroo and a cat from Content Paradise when it was around both with Carrara fur applied. The crows are the flock by DZFire

Kangaroo in a Pond

When a predator stalks a kangaroo it will jump into the middle of a water hole and just sit there to get away... if the predator decides to follow the roo into the water the predator becomes the victim as the kangaroo will grab it and drown it.. surprise

greetings Stezza, that a beautiful scene, love the Narrative and those birds really balance the whole - plus reflections add a contrasting serentity to the back story

Stezza said:

Kangaroo in a Pond

Awesome Stezza !!!

Car & Parking Lot WIP

Still got to add some figures into the scene !!!

Car & Parking Lot Render

Inspiration for the Scene is by TangoAlpha, whose scenes have multiple Cameras, each a scene in their own right !!!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

Headwax said:

Of course a challenge with no constraints is the most diificult challenge at all.

" Actually  ,  the easyest  "  

just use favorite  patened   scenes  _   to make Best Images  _   Not to follow  any particular theme  +   Thanx

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited April 2023

Not an Entry

(at least not independently)

Carrara has its native NPR render engine, which I experiment with every once in a while.  From the Carrara'a scene tab, I loaded the FS1 Basic Fog Day from Dartanbeck's Enviro Woodlands set.  After some playing around, I rendered a landscape.  I started a new blank Carrara scene and inserted the landscape in the backdrop.  I used the NPR renderer to transform the landscape to more like a brush based painted image.  These days, one could use a filter from GMIC (thank you, Philemo) within Carrara, or use filters in external programs like Filter Forge or Photoshop.  But here is the result of using Carrara's native NPR engine with one of many possible settings and brushes.  The NPR settings for render room are also attached.

Background to NPR 2.png
    3000 x 1688 - 4M
    npr settings.png
    682 x 1285 - 392K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,079
    edited April 2023

@Bunyip - Amazing burst of creativity.  Great stuff.  Special shout out to the monster cave goblin.  Would not want to meet in a dark forest!

@Stezza - There is always more to learn about the Roos.  Wow, clever beasties.  The reflections are magnificent.  

@Headwax - splats as rainmakers.  Clever idea.  The effect is amazing. 

Post edited by Diomede on

Bunyip02 said:

Car & Parking Lot Render

Inspiration for the Scene is by TangoAlpha, whose scenes have multiple Cameras, each a scene in their own right !!!

Dialed down the glossiness of the car.

ed3D said:

Headwax said:

Of course a challenge with no constraints is the most diificult challenge at all.

just use favorite  patened   scenes  _   to make Best Images  _   Not to follow  any particular theme  +   Thanx

Hello ed3D - joining in the fun I hope ?!!

Diomede said:

@Bunyip - Amazing burst of creativity.  Great stuff.  Special shout out to the monster cave goblin.  Would not want to meet in a dark forest!

@Stezza - There is always more to learn about the Roos.  Wow, clever beasties.  The reflections are magnificent.  

Thanks !!!

Diomede said:

Not an Entry

Carrara has its native NPR render engine, which I experiment with every once in a while.  From the Carrara'a scene tab, I loaded the FS1 Basic Fog Day from Dartanbeck's Enviro Woodlands set.  After some playing around, I rendered a landscape.  I started a new blank Carrara scene and inserted the landscape in the backdrop.  I used the NPR renderer to transform the landscape to more like a brush based painted image.  These days, one could use a filter from GMIC (thank you, Philemo) within Carrara, or use filters in external programs like Filter Forge or Photoshop.  But here is the result of using Carrara's native NPR engine with one of many possible settings and brushes.  The NPR settings for render room are also attached.

Very nice - add some figures and go for an entry !!!

Bunyip02 said:

Car & Parking Lot Render

weel I need to go huning for that one in my scene browser :)

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Headwax said:

Hello ed3D - joining in the fun I hope ?!!

double that !

Diomede said:

Thank you Ted.

That landscape image you posted - when I first saw it I thought it was a Monet!! Thanks for sharing the parameters @Diomede 

edited April 2023

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Car & Parking Lot Render

weel I need to go huning for that one in my scene browser :)

Car Park Cam in Hemlock Folly - https://www.daz3d.com/hemlock-folly

edited April 2023

Thanks for the positive comments smiley

This scene I used Dimension Theory's HDRPro set UR-Trails scene.

Modelled the emu and used Carrara hair for the feathers and modelled the emu eggs ( well I modelled one then duplicated it a few times ) and the swiss cheese plant, used other prop products from several different sets from Daz and HW3D

Emu Dad

Fun Fact:
    Females that meet a spunky male, have a short-lived romance with him for around five months and then leave once she has laid her eggs. The male will then stay on the nest for eight weeks waiting for the eggs to hatch. Once hatched, the young Emus will stay with the father for up to six-months where he will show them how to forage and survive. surprise

Emu Dad.png
    800 x 600 - 940K
    Screenshot 2023-04-11 135310.png
    1879 x 986 - 2M
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Headwax said:

Here's splats used as rain makeres.

Made a PNG with Ron's Rain, put that on the splats and replicated them through the scene into the distance.

Howi'e's Hapsberg and a low res guy

Something went weird with Carrara and the render turned out semi transparent - didn't have any apha bits turned on in the render page  - the pngs were 9000 pixels square so I think it was either a memory issue or a splat issue.

I had to join a few render passes to save the scene

I have no idea what happened either, but whatever you did to fix it turned out great!  Clever use of splats as well.

edited April 2023

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Final image

+1.   Way easier to see the critter as well.. yes

Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
    edited April 2023

Stezza said:

Kangaroo in a Pond

I didn't know that about kangaroos.  It makes a georgous render even better!

Bunyip02 said:

I was going to suggest that.  Very nice scene Bunyip!  You are right.  There are so many possible angles in TA's work.

Diomede said:

Not an Entry

I agree, it has a unique type of painted quality.  I haven't run across anything in GMIC that quite matches it.

The main issue, of course, is placing characters in the scene without them being terribly distorted..  If you figure it out, please let us know.

edited April 2023

Stezza said:

Modelled the emu and used Carrara hair for the feathers and modelled the emu eggs ( well I modelled one then duplicated it a few times ) and the swiss cheese plant, used other prop products from several different sets from Daz and HW3D

Emu Dad

Fun Fact:
    Females that meet a spunky male, have a short-lived romance with him for around five months and then leave once she has laid her eggs. The male will then stay on the nest for eight weeks waiting for the eggs to hatch. Once hatched, the young Emus will stay with the father for up to six-months where he will show them how to forage and survive. surprise

This looks like one of your prize-winners from a bird contest.  Have there been any to enter lately?

Awesome lighting and textures.

UnifiedBrain said:

Stezza said:

Emu Dad

Fun Fact:

This looks like one of your prize-winners from a bird contest.  Have there been any to enter lately?

thanks UB newly setup  and rendered today  laugh

unfortunately, Ken Gilliland hasn't run the bird render contest for a few years now... they were always fun to enter yes 

UnifiedBrain said:

Headwax said:

Bunyip02 said:

Final image

+1.   Way easier to see the critter as well.. yes

Thanks !!! Flinks Ground textures are definately worth investing in !

edited April 2023

UnifiedBrain said:

Bunyip02 said:

I was going to suggest that.  Very nice scene Bunyip!  You are right.  There are so many possible angles in TA's work.

Thanks !!! Shinyness was mirror finish compared to well waxed which is what I was after. Love TA's work !

Stezza said:

UnifiedBrain said:

Stezza said:

Emu Dad

Fun Fact:

thanks UB newly setup  and rendered today  laugh

unfortunately, Ken Gilliland hasn't run the bird render contest for a few years now... they were always fun to enter yes 

Excellent Stezza !!!

One of my renders which I won't do now was going to be TA's Soggy Bottom with Australian Trees replacing the European trees. Was also going to have your Emu following one of the paths in the scene !!!

Headwax said:

Here's splats used as rain makeres.

Made a PNG with Ron's Rain, put that on the splats and replicated them through the scene into the distance.

Howi'e's Hapsberg and a low res guy

Something went weird with Carrara and the render turned out semi transparent - didn't have any apha bits turned on in the render page  - the pngs were 9000 pixels square so I think it was either a memory issue or a splat issue.

I had to join a few render passes to save the scene

???

Howi's Hapsberg was already found in the Scene Browser

original 

Missed commenting on this beauty - very nice !!!