Skeleton for G8 like M4?

edited March 2023 in Product Suggestions

I got M4. Don't really like how I have to look for the 'actor' then wait for it to load all the morphs and whatever else when all I want is just the stupid 'actor' and then something is weird about when you want to pose it. I preferr G8 and use those models but what I want is one of those skeleton things that goes inside the 'actor' and then you can pose them and make the body slightly see through so you can see how the bones are positioned inside for drawing anatomy.

Is there anything like this for G8 male and female? I want to be able to pose them at the same time. I still can't do that with the M4 skeleton.

Post edited by frank0314 on

Comments

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,189

Moved to product suggestion as it isn't Daz Studio related.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,183

bhfineartist_2d42f5137d said:

I got M4. Don't really like how I have to look for the 'actor' then wait for it to load all the morphs and whatever else when all I want is just the stupid 'actor' and then something is weird about when you want to pose it. I preferr G8 and use those models but what I want is one of those skeleton things that goes inside the 'actor' and then you can pose them and make the body slightly see through so you can see how the bones are positioned inside for drawing anatomy.

Is there anything like this for G8 male and female? I want to be able to pose them at the same time. I still can't do that with the M4 skeleton.

You can do all that with M4 and the M4 Skeleton. Load M4, then load the M4 Skeleton. Fit the skeleton to M4, then use the "M4 Conform Pose" that comes with the skeleton. There are several transparency settings for M4 also provided with the skeleton.

There is a Midnight Skeleton for G8M (and one for G3M) that can do basically the same, but the skeleton doesn't quite fit inside the G8M body, and there are no transparency presets, but that is almost trivial to do.

• There is the 'More for UltraZombie' product at Renderosity that includes a skeleton, too. It's a G8F product, and the detail is nowhere near as great as the M4/V4 skeleton. There are ways to fit the M4/V4 skeleton to G8 if you're prepared to put in a couple of hours of work. See https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/616531/m4-v4-skeleton-inside-genesis-3-8#latest. Hope this gives an alternative. Regards, Richard.
  • NorthOf45 said:

You can do all that with M4 and the M4 Skeleton. Load M4, then load the M4 Skeleton. Fit the skeleton to M4, then use the "M4 Conform Pose" that comes with the skeleton. There are several transparency settings for M4 also provided with the skeleton.

There is a Midnight Skeleton for G8M (and one for G3M) that can do basically the same, but the skeleton doesn't quite fit inside the G8M body, and there are no transparency presets, but that is almost trivial to do.

I've tried the conform to pose thing and all it does is make his legs come together. And then I tried it again and the knees and feet were not in the mesh. Plus, there is something odd about the way M4 loads. It doesn't seem to use the same posing method as G8 I haven't played with DAZ in a while so I don't remember how it was posing G8 but it seemed different and I don't have money for pose packs for a character I don't even like that much.

I've got them exported to Blender and now have to build armatures which is another major bother just for a drawing aid. I like the way the poses look better in DAZ because of the way there are constraints and shapekeys to fix anatomy and I don't know how to do that in Blender. All I wanna do is pose characters and build them for art.

You run the "M4 Conform Pose" on the skeleton, not M4.

• Doesn't work. I clicked on skeleton, clicked the conform icon thing, moved M4 arm, skeleton stayed in place. Clicked on skeleton again by selecting it in the Scene panel thing on the side, clicked the conform icon, nothing. Except the feet moved. I don't remember what I did to get it to mostly conform but now it does nothing.

Is a video able to upload on this forum because I could do a short screen video or I could just make pictures of the different steps.

DAZStudio M4Skeleton Fit Problem.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 292K
  • Here is another picture. M4 is not listed under M or in the other place under people. I don't know what the scroll thing is on the M4 icon all the G8 characters say 'actor'.

m4sImage2.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 276K

The skeleton must be fit to M4. Load them both. Right-click on the Skeleton and select "Fit 'm4 skeleton ds' To..". The ensuing dialog will have a drop down list where you can select 'michael 4". This will conform the skeleton to M4 and will follow poses. Then run the pose on the skeleton to align it with M4's mesh.

The scroll in the corner says that there is a Poser file and a DAZ Studio file in the same folder. This was an old accomodation to use Poser content in Studio with one click. There could still be other files for Studio only in the xxxStudioCF file, usually material settings.

From the looks of it, Michael 4 Base was not properly installed. There should be a product called "Michael 4 Base" with all sorts of expressions, morphs and poses, and "Michel 4 Base StudioCF" with simple materials. The Power Loader doesn't show as a product, but it is needed to allow you to configure which morphs are loaded (for other characters like Hiro4, Freak 4 and other morph packs). The fact that you get the scroll means all the files are there, but not quite properly configured.

The "Actor" tag comes from the metadata, which also indicates that files were not properly installed. Which method are you using? I believe you need to use DIM or Central to properly install and configure the Generation 4 characters.

• I tried that or something similar I remember the menu thing you mentioned but I also remember that the skeleton's feet and knees were not in the mesh. I'll try it again. And I use the Install Manager to install stuff. Other things seem to work fine. And yes, when I click on the M4 icon I get all that crap about loading all the morphs and crap but I uncheck all that. Its annoying to wait for all that.

When you fit the skeleton to M4, yes, the knees stick out. That's what the M4 Conform Pose takes care of, when applied to the skeleton, it brings the knees inside the mesh.