Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

It did take a long time to go through the entries, but I did vote.  There were quite a few that looked the same, and then I figured out they were by the same person.  Pretty sure they were with Poser, not Carrara or Daz Studio or Blender, or Bryce.  Had a particular Poser look to them that I can't describe. Wishing luck to Carrara-ists.  

• Steve KSteve K Posts: 3,179

Diomede said:

It did take a long time to go through the entries, but I did vote.  There were quite a few that looked the same, and then I figured out they were by the same person.  Pretty sure they were with Poser, not Carrara or Daz Studio or Blender, or Bryce.  Had a particular Poser look to them that I can't describe. Wishing luck to Carrara-ists.  

Yes, lots of entries, but like many such contests, there was a small percentage that really stood out for me.  Same as with the 48 Hour Film Contest, especially some years ago when there were four screening groups of maybe a dozen videos each.  You had to vote for three in each group to have your votes count, and sometimes only one really stood out.  But every team really seemed to enjoy the contest, laughing at the post screening interviews about the problems they had to overcome ("the guy with the camera did not show up!").  So it was all good.

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

I voted for two... @unifiedbrain entry and one more I really liked... smiley

and I would of voted for this one as well if it was there laugh

edited March 2023

More of a WIP than a final render, but I haven't posted an image in a while.  Working on a new landscape scene.  Pretty happy with how this stream is starting to shape up.

landscape wip.png
    1000 x 600 - 872K
    Post edited by Diomede on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Diomede said:

More of a WIP than a final render, but I haven't posted an image in a while.  Working on a new landscape scene.  Pretty happy with how this stream is starting to shape up.

Impressive.  You seem to have shifted to a higher level in recent landscapes.  Any tips on what you are doing differently?

edited March 2023

Thanks, UB.  I appreciate the kind words.  I have been using variations on the same methods for a while.  Hopefully, you are seeing me learning.  People like Khoe and Dartanbeck, etc have been posting excellent landscapes with haze and volumetrics etc to add depth.  

I am posting some of the details that went into this particular landscape, or more accurately an exaggerated example with the same maps, in another thread so I don't sidetrack the main render thread.

See - 

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/8073791/#Comment_8073791

Diomede said:

Yes, shaping up nicely.  I have trouble making convincing landscapes in Carrara, probably because VUE is an amazing landscape program.  But to keep animations all Carrara, I strongly encourage this kind of work.

edited March 2023

thanks, Steve.  I've never gotten around to Vue, which is foolish on my part because it is free, I believe.

Diomede said:

thanks, Steve.  I've never gotten around to Vue, which is foolish on my part because it is free, I believe.

Not free, subscription based.  I use the lowest level, VUE Creator, list $200 per year but on sale frequently at 30-50% off.  It's the only subscription product I own (my Photoshop CS5 is paid for), but well worth it to me primarily bacause of a particular vendor who sold amazing huge VUE environments for $12.  He's now switched to Blender format, same quality and price, but I have a good selection of his old VUE products.

cracked valley_08.jpg
    1280 x 720 - 228K
    edited March 2023

I bought Vue back around 2010 ... must install it and see if it works surprise

Armadillo Racing

Armadillo Racing.png
    800 x 600 - 571K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited March 2023

Stezza said:

Armadillo Racing

probably not and if it does probably locked to the computer you had at the time 

the Dillo cute heart too tame for down here though

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Stezza said:

Armadillo Racing

wow.. they want $199US to get my copy working again!.... thieves!

in the bin it goes yes 

edited March 2023

cool

ArmouredDillo.png
    640 x 480 - 348K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

Stezza said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Stezza said:

Armadillo Racing

wow.. they want $199US to get my copy working again!.... thieves!

in the bin it goes yes 

In addition to the Terrain capabilities of Carrara & Bryce, I will stick to the free versions of Terragen 4 & World Machine64 !!!

Diomede said:

Lookin Groovy !!!

Stezza said:

cool

Nice work !!!

• KhoeKhoe Posts: 284
    edited March 2023

Kentosaurus in the Kimmeridgian Swamp.
    after a break, now a new picture again. As so often, it was a picture with a lot of botany and dinosaurs.
    thank you for Watching

Kentosaurus-Sumpf2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 517K
    Post edited by Khoe on

Stezza, I think the armadillo is going to win the race!  But I am not sure what is going on with the gear.  Fun images, as always.

Khoe, I always appreciate how you add a sense of depth to your images.  Great work!

Diomede said:

Stezza, I think the armadillo is going to win the race!  But I am not sure what is going on with the gear.  Fun images, as always.

Khoe, I always appreciate how you add a sense of depth to your images.  Great work!

I thought armoured Dillo 

Armoured as opposed to the Amour'ed Dillo kiss

Diomede said:

Khoe said:

Kentosaurus in the Kimmeridgian Swamp.
    after a break, now a new picture again. As so often, it was a picture with a lot of botany and dinosaurs.
    thank you for Watching

Another great render !!!

• therixxtherixx Posts: 78

Long time ago I got a version of Vue Frontier 8 in a 3DWorld magazine issue. But I was quite appalled as that version did not allow me to open models, even in Vue format, without adding some paid add-on or plugin. I wonder now if I did not understand something properly, but that was my impression, so, even recognizing the quality of its renders, I never appreciated it.

therixx said:

Long time ago I got a version of Vue Frontier 8 in a 3DWorld magazine issue. But I was quite appalled as that version did not allow me to open models, even in Vue format, without adding some paid add-on or plugin. I wonder now if I did not understand something properly, but that was my impression, so, even recognizing the quality of its renders, I never appreciated it.

everything needed a module

I could only load Vue files and Poser ones with Poser open with what I had 

• therixxtherixx Posts: 78

Then worse for Vue, @Wendy, and good for me that was not distracted from Carrara! ;-)

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited March 2023

Old-School Recharge

This is an edited version of a render I submitted to the Sexy Robot contest at Renderhub.  No postwork.

Did anyone else enter?

You can't vote in this one.  Judges only.

Old-School Recharge edited.png
    1800 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on

UnifiedBrain said:

Old-School Recharge

This is an edited version of a render I submitted to the Sexy Robot contest at Renderhub.  No postwork.

Did anyone else enter?

Nice Render

I am worried where the plug goes on the unedited version

UnifiedBrain said:

Old-School Recharge

Did anyone else enter?

Love the expressions!  Fun and vibrant.  Excellent.

• ProPoseProPose Posts: 520

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am worried where the plug goes on the unedited version

The belly button of course.wink