File Attachments to posts not working

marblemarble Posts: 7,449

Seems I can't upload images to my posts now. I use Attach a File and select the image and the forum says "uploading" but nothing happens.

Comments

• Silent WinterSilent Winter Posts: 3,610

I sometimes (rarely) get that issue and have to reload the page to try again. How long has it been like this? Have you tried in different threads?

• marblemarble Posts: 7,449
    edited June 2022

Silent Winter said:

I sometimes (rarely) get that issue and have to reload the page to try again. How long has it been like this? Have you tried in different threads?

I tried reloading the page. I tried a new post in a different sub-forum. Tried a different image. Still sits there telling me it is uploading but it doesn't upload.

Normally I don't have a problem attaching files so this is a problem as of today. I've just tried to attach a file to this post - same problem.

Post edited by marble on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,949
    edited June 2022

What is the name on the attachment  ,if it has any  commas periods dashes etc it might not upload

Post edited by carrie58 on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 6,995
    edited June 2022

Try a different browser, sometimes stuff breaks and you can't attach images... the forum software seems to hate Safari the most, but sometimes other browsers seem temporarily affected... Safari for iOS hasn't worked for posting images in over two years and that's apparently ok because iOS is used by hardly anyone on earth*.

*Sssssssssh... don't tell anyone but Safari for iOS is used by over 1 Billion (with a "B") people (and a bunch of sentient cats too), but it's probably just a passing fad like computers or bottled water, so no need to worry about stuff like that.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited June 2022

OK - trying Edge Browser instead of Firefox ...

Nope - still not working. Tried a file with a three letter filename, no other characters. Just sits there saying "uploading" but doesn't upload.

Ok - I'll try the age-old method of leaving it to fix itself after a while. Time for me to take the dog for a walk.

Post edited by marble on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,188
    edited June 2022

There has been a problem with attaching .jpg with the Chrome browser. Daz is already aware of it. I reported it last week. The testing that was done at that time all other browsers and file types were working. Let us know if there are others.

Post edited by frank0314 on

frank0314 said:

There has been a problem with attaching .jpg with the Chrome browser. Daz is already aware of it. I reported it last week. The testing that was done at that time all other browsers and file types were working. Let us know if there are others.

It is a .png image and Firefox so you might like to update your ticket.

Oh wait ... my wait-for-it-to-fix-itself  strategy worked again. Seems to be working now (Firefox).

DOH.png
    492 x 578 - 79K

Safari iOS still doesn't won't attach an image.

• richardandtracyrichardandtracy Posts: 4,978

Ah well, none of those Billion want to upload any worthwhile images to the DAZ site anyway. Well, they won't after trying & failing two or three times... So problem solved. frown

Regards,

Richard.

McGyver said:

What file type or are there several?

edited June 2022

frank0314 said:

McGyver said:

What file type or are there several?

JPEGs and or PNGs.

It just says "Uploading" eternally.

I just use Firefox to upload pix... Firefox is probably better anyway, but I'm used to the Safari GUI, so I'm too lazy to commit to FF.

EDITED TO ADD: I just checked to be sure, but it's a problem in both iOS (fully updated to most current version 15.5) and iPadOS (also 15.5)... 

And it's a problem regardless of picture size ( "Actual Size", "Large", "Medium" and "Small")

Post edited by McGyver on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 9,293

I have also seen that occasionally, using Chrome and Yandex, JPG and PNG.

Sometimes it works if I just ignore the uploading and push the button again to upload the pic the second time.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,049

Firefox will not upload a JPG for me. The file name is DrawSettings.jpg. The forum has been sitting there "Uploading" for several minutes.

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,069

Tried Firefox, Chrome, Waterfox and Edge. Upload doesn't work.

I'll add to my report that there is an addition to the original complaint. Thanks guys!

mCasual has some interesting observations in this issue here.

I'm also not getting any email notifications for starred threads now.

• whispers65whispers65 Posts: 952

I had the same issue when I posted earlier.  I was using Firefox and jpg.

edited June 2022

Testing file upload ...

Seems to be still working for me today (Firefox). One thing I did yesterday but can't remember whether I did so before or after I posted the successful upload (see above) was that I ran CCleaner on my Windows PC. I'm pretty sure that I did that after posting Homer though.

draw.png
    310 x 310 - 8K
    Post edited by marble on
  • marble said:

frank0314 said:

It is a .png image and Firefox so you might like to update your ticket.

Oh wait ... my wait-for-it-to-fix-itself  strategy worked again. Seems to be working now (Firefox).

I had the same issue with firefox and png yesterday so its not just your system

• We are told this should be fixed.

Well, other browsers seem to work, but Safari for iOS is still not working...

But at least it's consistent, as it hasn't worked in at least two years or more.

edited June 2022

It took a while but it worked on Firefox.

Post edited by Horo on
  • IceScribeIceScribe Posts: 690

I discovered that my earlier posted images as attachments in the Art Studio forum retained the thumbnails but the large images have disappeared. I used Versluis's tutorial how to load image and that worked for me today, but took 2 tries. 

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,300

A lot of the time I upload an image to imgur and post that way.  If it's a Daz gallery image, I'll link it from the gallery (right-click>Open Image in New Tab>get URL)

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,710

I have yet to encounter this issue using Chrome on 2 PCs

but I do have Adblock disabled for daz3d.com

aeedbt_f507a683dedfcf975e33350e7c3fd980738289d6.png
    1033 x 581 - 1M
  • spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited January 2023

Richard Haseltine said:

We are told this should be fixed.

This problem still exists.  I cannot upload a png image nor a small zip file with a script, to a post I just made.  It either says "Uploading..." forever, or sometimes says "[filename] failed to write to disk" (approximately). 

Using chrome or Firefox, on Windows 10.

I made a huge improvement to the G8 to G9 transfer script and want to share it, but, I cannot upload either the screen shot (59k) or the zip file (11k).   https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/598316/g8f-m-pose-transfer-to-g9#latest 

How do other users manage to upload files?  Is this failure "intermittent"?

Post edited by spacecat56 on

Last time it worked for me was December 30 2022. No luck since then. However, scanning a bit through the forums, I found a very few successful uploads, all being around 1 to 5 UTC/GMT.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

Yeah, it usually does not work for me either lately. Tried it this morning to show autofit on G8 and no go.

• spacecat56spacecat56 Posts: 54
    edited January 2023

I opened the browser dev tools and tried again, I see that the DAZ script code on the page is immediately getting an HTML error repsonse page from cloudflare (boo!) and trying to parse it as if it were JSON, which fails, which is why we don't see the error result that actually happens in about a tenth of a second.  I submitted info (copy/paste and screenshot) in a new ticket to DAZ support.

Post edited by spacecat56 on