Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Fantastic work! Wow that looks amazing!

Here's one from me - just a single frame from an animation I'm rendering:

Awesome! Is this a Carrara render or Octane?

Carrara native. I don't have Octane

That is a nice render.  Are you using DOF?

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited October 2020

I loaded up the individual props and applied the missing transmaps where needed then resaved in my Props folder .. UV Unwrap is helpful as is Fenric's Advance Shader Tweaker

warning: when using Sparrowhawke's  UVUnwrap it does take a long time to get through the mansion and the ground.. 

Albert Mansion

Albert Mansion.png
    800 x 600 - 831K
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    Stezza said:

I loaded up the individual props and applied the missing transmaps where needed then resaved in my Props folder .. UV Unwrap is helpful as is Fenric's Advance Shader Tweaker

warning: when using Sparrowhawke's  UVUnwrap it does take a long time to get through the mansion and the ground.. 

Albert Mansion

terrific image Stezza

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,106

I'm impressed! Carrara's renderer never gets enough credit. 

...yet it's one of my favorite engines ever! ;)

mschack said:

Fantastic work! Wow that looks amazing!

Here's one from me - just a single frame from an animation I'm rendering:

Awesome! Is this a Carrara render or Octane?

Carrara native. I don't have Octane

That is a nice render.  Are you using DOF?

I do my DOF in post. Yes... this is a postworked image.

I'm impressed! Carrara's renderer never gets enough credit. 

...yet it's one of my favorite engines ever! ;)

Correction - it Is my favorite render engine!

Stezza and Wendy, that is one impressive site! At least once all of that hard work is done it can be saved as a CAR file! Makes it worth the journey. I have a few purchases that I've put on a fairly indefinite hold because of all of the conversion/correction work that needs to be done. I may just have to dig those out.

Stonemason's After the War kinda just drops right in. Just the usual shader process and it's good to go!

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Can someone explain what Sparrowhawk's UV Unwrap is, why it is needed for the Albert mansion product, and how it would be used in a workflow?

Thanks!

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited October 2020

Can someone explain what Sparrowhawk's UV Unwrap is, why it is needed for the Albert mansion product, and how it would be used in a workflow?

Thanks!

http://www.sparrowhawke3d.com/Laboratory/UVUnWrap.html

lots of DAZ studio duf files have the U axis ticked in Carrara UV so the textures don't map

I have thread on it here because it causes issues in iClone, Twinmotion, Bryce and Unreal Engine to name a few!

at least we can fix it in Carrara heart

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/162466/the-uv-wrap-export-issue-again-i-found-a-workaround-poser-d3d-dson-loader/p1

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

Thanks for the quick answer.  I half-comprehended it. smiley

So far, I don't remember having issues getting Daz textures to map in Carrara.  But I am still (relatively) new to all of this. smiley

Can I manually untick a U axis in Carrara without doing the plugin thing?

edited October 2020

Thanks for the quick answer.  I half-comprehended it. smiley

So far, I don't remember having issues getting Daz textures to map in Carrara.  But I am still (relatively) new to all of this. smiley

Can I manually untick a U axis in Carrara without doing the plugin thing?

yes on individual objects but some things have a lot of meshes

it is also not everything just certain sets particulary iray ones but was happening with some 3Delight too since duf format was created

OK, if I run into this problem in the future, at least I will know not to give up.

Thanks for all of your detective work! yes

• RuudLRuudL Posts: 179
    edited October 2020
    Diomede said:

A Howie Farkes Scene

I can't figure out why the stream is blocked.  But it still looks amazing.

Are you using version 1.0 of Valle Alpine? It was superseded by v1.1 in 2013. It does not have this problem.

Like Wendy said, you can also delete the 'Forest Detail fill' group. Or simply deselect the visible tick box of this group.

Post edited by RuudL on

HWCat in Carrara

• VyusurVyusur Posts: 2,235
    edited October 2020

HW House Cat in Carrara.

Doc002.png
    1300 x 1300 - 2M
    Post edited by Vyusur on

yes  wink

smiley HW3d Cat

Very cool!

edited October 2020

Viking Handmaiden video

no Octane wink but I did stick the backdrop through Dynamic AutoPainter

Was fooling around making my own plant and came up with this.  Can't find a way to rid of that conspicuous light ring on the wall left.  Has something to do with the soft shadows, I am using best.  It goes away with the fast setting.

Doc1.jpg
    1600 x 752 - 47K
    mschack said:

Was fooling around making my own plant and came up with this.  Can't find a way to rid of that conspicuous light ring on the wall left.  Has something to do with the soft shadows, I am using best.  It goes away with the fast setting.

adds to the realism, if you look around in an actual lit room you do see shadows like that

nice pot plant yes

Thanks Wendy!  I guess I should add some more leaves to it. laugh

mschack said:

Are you using just one light?  If this is a banding issue, it can sometimes be resolved by duplicating the light, halving the intensity of both, and then changing the radius (or the color) on one of them.

I like the plant!

edited October 2020

hello pussy surprise

Droid and Cat.png
    800 x 600 - 915K
    Post edited by Stezza on

Yikes, that's so cool!!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited October 2020

Another Howie Farkes Scene - Sprucevale

Sprucevale.jpg
    500 x 650 - 67K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Wow, are those foreground spruce Carrara trees?

I don't think that the up-front foreground trees are spruce, but they're all Carrara trees. I love Carrara trees - and Howie's Carrara products (scenes that come with trees) also include presets for his tree settings as well, so having them is a real Carrara treat!

Just an FYI, I also have some plant/tree presets now available for free, but mine were mostly meant for faster render background use, yet I still think they look great! To help them render faster, however, mine have less leaves that are larger to help fill the volume, so they're not entirely in scale up close.

Here they are if you're interested, but I still strongly reccommend getting as many Howie Carrara products as you can! :)

EnvironKits for Carrara

I was wondering how he got the lower branches without leaves, is that a setting?

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026
    edited October 2020
    mschack said:

I was wondering how he got the lower branches without leaves, is that a setting?

At this point, I don't think it would be out-of-school to share the recipe in this set.   It is the Sony Creek Set / the Sprucevale Preset.

Some single spruce trees are actually 3 combined.  To get a spruce tree with leaveless lower branches, he combined

- a main spruce tree with leaves, the lower trunk is branchless using a setting in the plant modeler under 'aspect of trunk' called 'trunk length'

- a smaller tree with leaves to be the tip

- a smaller tree without leaves to be the leaveless branches

bb01 spruce combined.jpg
    1452 x 946 - 107K
    bb02 spruce main no lower branches by trunk length.jpg
    480 x 640 - 9K
    bb03 just the tip.jpg
    480 x 640 - 6K
    bb04 dead branch test.jpg
    480 x 640 - 6K
    bb05 all combined.jpg
    480 x 640 - 10K