Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
    Diomede said:

I don't think Santa Claus will get down THAT chimney. laugh

Sure he can. Go to the Motiion Tab and scroll down to find the various Scale options! ;)

Cool nostalgia, Diomede! Did I just call that nostalgia? I bulk of my content is from the Poser 5-7 days!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,024

Haha, thank you Wendy and Dart for the comments.  I realize Santa forgot his bag anyway.  laugh

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711
    edited August 2020

Cute RDNA stuffs in Carrara

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Very nice image!

Greetings, Ringo!  Hope you are well.  

Are your more generic shader collections still available in the Daz store, or just the figure shaders?

• Diomede said:

Greetings, Ringo!  Hope you are well.  

Are your more generic shader collections still available in the Daz store, or just the figure shaders?

Greetings Diomede, 

I sold all the Shaders including the generic shaders to DAZ3D so they can make them available in the store.

Best Regards.

Very nice image!

Thankyou heart

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Wendy, was that an Octane render? 

yes and here is the video

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,523

Excellent !!

edited August 2020

Carrara native

dl.png
    1920 x 1080 - 882K
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Thanks for confirming.

I guessed it, because the lighting was pretty realistic, and Octane has a reputation for realism.  That said, I have no idea how difficult it was to achieve such a realistic look.  Did you use a light preset in Octane, or did you have to do a lot of tweaking?

As a second question, is it still possible to purchase a standalone version of Octane with a Carrara plugin?  The website is confusing to say the least.

edited August 2020

I set up emissive surfaces mainly 

and honestly I don't know with the subscription thing

I do know I won't be upgrading as spent far too much money at Otoy already, I would at this point rather just use it while I can, I do love it but Carrara is not being developed either so just cannot justify the expense (upgrades have cost me an additional $600 all up I reckon) saving up for hardware is a better option.

I do still use Carrara native engine sometimes too and actually love it, just takes a lot longer usually but not always though.

With two computers I can often let a Carrara engine scene render too while doing other stuff.

• Thanks, Wendy.  For learning purchase options, I probably need to post on the OTOY Carrara forum.

edited September 2020

So much fun, Wendy!  Those old figures are waiting in my runtimes for me to revisit.  

Meanwhile, I decided to retrieve the Daz Big Cat 2.  Unfortunately, the mane came out flat and there is too much light among the trees in the lower right.  I may or may not do some editing and render again, or edit the existing with some postwork.  Here is the straight render as is.

Lion on Rock 01.png
    1600 x 1038 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on

Absolutely Adorable Wendy!!! Love the Vid!!! Well... the images too!!!

• Chris Fox ArtChris Fox Art Posts: 380
    edited September 2020

Finally, after a long time without any 3D art as i've got issues with my graphic card, i was able to fix the problem, well, one card stopped working and from 2x 560GTX ti only 1 is working yet, looks like i have to get a new one soon.
    Image done with Carrara, rendered with Octane 3 direct render, no post work.

Post edited by Chris Fox Art on

Chris Fox Art, sorry to hear about your tech issues, but great to see you posting again.  Beautiful.

Another cool music video, Wendy.  The hair movement is particularly nice, especially when seen in the triple view.  yes

Yeah, what Diomede said! yes

• used my $6 PC+ voucher on this lovely critter 

like an animated gummy monster

Philemo HD plugin heart

edited September 2020

Love It, Wendy! He's Awesome!!!

I just finished making this guy - inspired by the Aquaphibians from Stingray 1964

(Inspired by - I didn't look at them when I made him! LOL)

Genesis Creech.jpg
    578 x 691 - 275K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • mmmm slimey

• Carrara native with a background

was actually faster than Octane

• DesertDudeDesertDude Posts: 1,234

So much Carrara goodness here! I'm so far behind on this thread, will try to keep up in the future.

Cheers all

edited September 2020

​This image is a single png w/Alpha of a VWD test, which was also testing higher hair settings - which are still very low as far as Carrara is concerned. When I start producing content for an official scene, I'm going to try bumping up the quality quite a bit. It really slows the renders per frame, so the test will be to see if I think the extra beating is worth it. If so, I'll just let her renders run for several days - days when I can't really work in Carrara anyway. Note that she's supposed to look a little dark here. She's not getting any scene environment lighting yet. This was the result of converting the Aussie Girl Outfit to a static prop and reworking the shape to keep it from falling off. The actual animation (I just saw it for the first time before typing this) turned out really well. I'm getting pretty good with VWD. A few more triumphs and I'll get to making the tutorial.

R5Aus_RunEdgeFear01a101.png
    1280 x 720 - 268K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on
    edited September 2020

a very fast camera speed wise, not render wise

(it took 38 hours if I recall!!)

Carrara render I did a few years ago of HF WorldGardens Japan Spring with a more leasurely DAIN-APP interpolated version I did with the footage today following it.

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

Basically just playing around with Carrara environments.  Realistic Sky fog looks so nice!

landscape1.jpg
    1600 x 820 - 277K

Nice!

• mschackmschack Posts: 337

thanks!