Carrara Community Art Gallery - Show us your Renders!!!

DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103
edited February 2021 in Carrara Discussion

This discussion was created from comments split from: Post Your Renders like it's the year 2020!!!.

Bunyip02 posted this image:

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

Comments

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,103

very green laugh

Very true. I grew up spending a LOT of my time in the woods. Where I live trees die and get sick. Some just take longer to green up while the green ones have many different shades. When I was making woodlands, adding some leafless trees and shrubs and some fallen logs made all the difference to make it look more like the forests I know.

There are some rather magical places on this globe that have some truly green places though. 

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

very green laugh

Very true. I grew up spending a LOT of my time in the woods. Where I live trees die and get sick. Some just take longer to green up while the green ones have many different shades. When I was making woodlands, adding some leafless trees and shrubs and some fallen logs made all the difference to make it look more like the forests I know.

There are some rather magical places on this globe that have some truly green places though. 

yeah Australia pretty dry more like the Texas environment 

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

went for a drive yesterday through the bushfire region in my area.. amazing to see the new young growth on the burnt trees yes

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524
    Diomede said:
    Bunyip02 said:

Vegetated Landscape from me

Keep them coming in both threads!  I mean both this thread and the NPR thread.  Love it.

Thanks !

Looks great, bunyip02!

Thanks !

very green laugh

Will have to do an Aussie Oasis next time !!

very green laugh

Been to Binna Burra during a nice wet season, was very green ! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binna_Burra

very green laugh

yeah Australia pretty dry more like the Texas environment 

Definately need more rain in our area....

Stezza said:

went for a drive yesterday through the bushfire region in my area.. amazing to see the new young growth on the burnt trees yes

Hopefully it will all perk up and be nice and lush again !!

edited June 2020
    Bunyip02 said:

very green laugh

Will have to do an Aussie Oasis next time !!

Aussie Oasis 1 Topaz.png
    1600 x 1200 - 4M
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,711

nice xanthorrhoeas 

nice xanthorrhoeas 

All thanks to Howie - Arboretum Volume 2 - https://www.daz3d.com/arboretum-volume-2

Got a small one in the front yard !

That is Awesome, Bunyip02!!!

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

+1

edited June 2020

Still playing with terrain shaders and replicaters. Threw in some dinos and Dart's woodland kit blocks.

dinosaurs 00.jpg
    1600 x 1038 - 238K
    Post edited by Diomede on
    Diomede said:

Still playing with terrain shaders and replicaters. 

Fun, isn't it? ;)

Curious, not for large masses like grass, etc., but have you tried using the replicator simply to make a bunch of things and make 'real' instances from the result (from within Replicator)?

It's Awesome for when we need a bunch of things that are Figures (cannot duplicate) because we can lay out a whole bunch, and after converting them to real instances, we can place them around the scene by hand. We cannot alter many of the things on them, like morphs, because they are still just instances. So if we need more variety, I use Fenric's Tree Duplicate to make several and make the changes I need, and then replicate them. Just Fun!

Anyway, very nice work, sir! Great looking render!

Thanks !!!

Diomede said:

+1

Thanks !!!

Diomede said:

Still playing with terrain shaders and replicaters. Threw in some dinos and Dart's woodland kit blocks.

Rooaarrr !!! Excellent !

yes !!!

Thanks, Guys

edited June 2020

The tree dudes have gotten loose again.  Bothering the goblins, as usual.  

tree men post.jpg
    1184 x 1600 - 647K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921
    Diomede said:

classic!

Diomede said:

Run Goblin run ! Nice render btw !!

That's Awesome, Diomede! 

...and Goblins need a good chasing anyway, pesky buggers!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    Diomede said:

giving a bit of stick!.. teach them goblins for barking up the wrong tree!  laugh

edited June 2020

Thanks for the kind words, Headwax, Dart, Bunyip, and Stezza.  Had some fun with the tree people.

Here is an MMoir scene I had in my browser.  Took it out for a spin.

Landscape Scene 01.jpg
    2400 x 2021 - 963K
    edited June 2020

I love that! And BMF is a great product. I've not done a winter scene with it yet.

That kit has truly shown me how to think outside of the box when it comes to lighting a scene! Mike is So Freaking Good at what he does! Brilliant piece of work!

All that aside, what you've done with it looks really nice!

I was always intrigued by the Distant City BG element, so I pulled it to the forefront and made this (a while ago)

...and this one with that city background duplicated a bunch of times to make an urban sprawl back there

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

When I had the BMF Landscape kit in the cart, I had no idea that the BG City was actual models! LOL  But it Is! Nice low-rez city buildings that can be used for all kinds of situations when we need to populate a city with LR buildings!

But that goes for the rest of the kit too. Just packed with build-it-yourself goodness! I still think it was a bad move for Daz 3D to expel the majority of legacy Carrara stores :(  Cool stuff, it was!

edited June 2020

Joining in the Mmoir lovefest - Country Path

mmoir path 1.jpg
    1800 x 1468 - 692K
    Post edited by Bunyip02 on