Victoria 4 for G2f and applying textures.

Earlier I got the 'Victoria 4 for Genesis) and have been trying to apply the tectures from MRL Amunet (an Egyptian character) which I also got, from here: https://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/mrl-amunet/100012/

All seemed to be going ok but I could not get the materials to work with the eyes or eyelashes, and the inner lower eyelids, and in the render the face looked lighter than the rest of the body, and it all looked shiny and horrible. Is there a way of getting this to work? Do I need to buy the proper Victoria 4 figure for the materials to apply properly, or should it work?

Comments

• mjc1016mjc1016 Posts: 15,001

It sounds like you are applying the Poser material presets and not the Studio presets.

• Thanks for the reply. How would I know if I was doing that?

• Check the tool-tip or the Info tab at the bottom of the Content pane - what is the file type or extension? It should be .duf, and if you are using the file-based views it should usually be under DAZ Studio Formats not Poser Formats.

• I had to brows to the folder location within the surfaces tab, from 'diffuse color'.

These are the only textures I have for this figure, and I think it is right. Have tried again after doing something differently, not sure quite, but I think it was applying the UVs (whatever they are) for Bree from G2F, beforehand. Now the face looks the same colour as the rest of her in the render, and dialing back the glossiness makes the skin look normal rather than like porcelain. The figure's eye-whites are coloured in, now (which is to say receiving texture). This is an improvement. However the poupils are still refusing to look like anything other than grey disks, and the eyelashes aren't showing up. If anyone can help fix this last problem I'd be very appreciative.  

• This is weird, when I increase the opacity strength, in the section for eyelashes under 'surfaces', I can see white eyelashes, with black surrounds which should be the invisible parts. Does that provide any clues to what I've got wrong?

• Try to use the Smart content from 'JDS-V4 Mega Pack 1  by jdstrider'.