No Data Base Found

Hi everyone :)  I need help..Again lol  Some how my 5 year old changed some things while I stepped out for a few minutes and left DS running.  Now this is what I get when I start up DS.  Im not pc savy at all..  I know the basics but I can not figure where this is happening. "Connecting to DAZ 3D requires a valid connnection to a  Postgre SQL CMS database"

Comments

• nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715
    edited March 2016

You don't need that to load items so just see if you can find and load your content.

If you can and you want to use Connect and DRM then you need to reinstall through DIM the two SQL items.

I use 4.9 Beta and I get that message every time I open it, as I didn't install them. I don't like them. Some folks like Connect, so you should make your own decission.

If you cant find your content you need to find where it is.

With Daz open, hit F2.

In the Preferences Tab > Content Library > Content Library Manager (lower down the window)

You will see a list of current sets, one of them should be your Content Library. If not find it.

If this is the problem, did you install to the default directory?

Post edited by nicstt on
  • dmjuggalodmjuggalo Posts: 24
    edited March 2016

I can find my content I get from other 3d sites.  But my content I bought from daz is no where to be found.  Or Im just not looking in the correct directory. For some reason I am not seeing the correct folder in any daz folders on my HD.  Or I should really say is Im not sure which folder or file is the correct one I need for my daz content.  I have all my other 3d models and such in a seperate folder and shows in DS no problem.. right where I want them.  Just not seeing my Daz content I've bought.  Or another thought, can I manual download my items again and place them where I want like my 3rd party items?

Post edited by dmjuggalo on
  • If you go to the Content Library can you find the content under DAZ Studio formats or Poser Formats, in the My DAZ 3d Library if you installed with DIM and used the defaults?

• xan_988xan_988 Posts: 4

same issue here.. :(

• KorathanKorathan Posts: 4
    edited January 2021

I'm seeing the same error I cannot log onto my daz account. I suspect somehow my firewall prevents some of the PostgreSQL from running on it, as my new Nighthawk router came with what is called “nighthawk Armor” and it seems to be quite picky over what shows up on my PC and other devices. But I don't get a threat blocked message from my Nighthawk app. I’ve disabled firewall on my PC.

Disabled virus protection.

Ready to see if I can put my PC outside of the firewall 

To see if that fixes it, or if I can enable guest wi-fi and see if guest wifi has the same strict stuff.

Post edited by Korathan on
  • Logging in to your Daz account is not connected to accessing the database.