Ultrascenery script

I'm sorry if something like this already exist

But could there be an utltrascenery add-on to populate only in the visible part of the selected camera shot ?

My computer is literally choking ...And rendering goes to an infinite loop.

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,035

I'm firing up DS to double-check, but I'm pretty sure that's always been part of UltraScenery's core features.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,684

Make sure you don't have Iray Preview on, and have your settings to 'Memory' (just closed D|S down for night). 

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

memcneil70 said:

Make sure you don't have Iray Preview on, and have your settings to 'Memory' (just closed D|S down for night). 

Then how do you position other aspects in the scene like people, vehicles etc if you don't turn on Iray preview?

A lot of tiny renders, a lot. And saving your scene. And then there are the happy accidents.

Iray preview freezes Ultrascenery. It is one of the first warnings and questions asked in its commercial threads when people have problems, besides how was the product installed. Octane Render gives fits too. The first page has a list of things to help with problems.

The commercial threads are a combination of notifications of upcoming releases and show and tell, along with problems people are having and help from users and the PAs. And many issues result in improvements or additional features.

• FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,518

memcneil70 said:

A lot of tiny renders, a lot. And saving your scene. And then there are the happy accidents.

Iray preview freezes Ultrascenery. It is one of the first warnings and questions asked in its commercial threads when people have problems, besides how was the product installed. Octane Render gives fits too. The first page has a list of things to help with problems.

The commercial threads are a combination of notifications of upcoming releases and show and tell, along with problems people are having and help from users and the PAs. And many issues result in improvements or additional features.

I guess I missed that in the commercial thread since I have been thru it many times. I asked about resources and tips on helping when adding other items to the scenes which make it even more resource intense, and there wasn't much help in that thread. I rarely use Ultrascenery because of how resource heavy it is and if I can't use Iray preview then I don't see the point since I use it for everything else. Thanks for the reply though

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

golem841 said:

I'm sorry if something like this already exist

But could there be an utltrascenery add-on to populate only in the visible part of the selected camera shot ?

My computer is literally choking ...And rendering goes to an infinite loop.

There is also an option to limit the view to the selected camera.  Its on the last tab.  Just remember if you move the camera much you will have to regenerate the scene because everything out of view will not generate instances. 

• It's always wise to have moved the camera back a little from the desired position when you do that. It makes for a few extra instances, but means you definitely can't see an edge to the vegetation. Regards, Richard

I have not tried to use Camera Cutaway but maybe it will help?

• golem841golem841 Posts: 125

Thanks for all your advices.

I will investigate