Carrara Challenge #66 - Jumping Off a Browser Scene Go Splat !

Comments

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,921

Diomede said:

Thank you for the comment, Headwax, and the subscriber.  Woohoo!  A subscriber.  

Sorry if my replies are delayed.  I am traveling the continent by train again so only have intermittant access.  Do have my laptop with me so check in when I can.  Am currently in Los Angeles.  Did some cheesy Hollywood tours.  Got another picture of Ray Harryhausen's star on the walk of fame.

pleasure - lovely to see some Carrara animatons ! I took a walk through the modelling sction of the manual today - it always suprised me how powerful carrara is!

I tried modelling a surfboard fin by lofting splines and it wasn't too bad.

It suddenly occurred to me that it would be much easier to make one cross section polygon and then use the bridging tool ... havent tried it but it might just b less combersome

I'll be off line for a few days from now.

Been working on another image - will post it when I get back and then comfirm end dates etc

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757
    edited April 2023

used @dartenbeck environments some of Phil's splats from an English Village and other plants from various packages...

modelled the Sabre tooth and cavepeople and trolley and food stuffs

Shopping

Shopping.png
    900 x 506 - 1M
    Post edited by Stezza on
  • Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,524

Stezza said:

used @dartenbeck environments some of Phil's splats from an English Village and other plants from various packages...

Shopping

Very nice !!!

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,949

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

Shopping

Very nice !!!

+ 1  =  yeah , but  "could" their cart be wood  .^  Thanx 

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

Shopping

Very nice !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Age

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Bunyip02 said:

Stezza said:

Shopping

Very nice !!!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_Age

^  alrite then  ^  Thanx  ^ 

edited April 2023

&  another  WIP  ^  the Big Sunset  ,  well ,  maybe   ^

Doc1BigSunSet 1AF-LG c.png
    1600 x 900 - 354K
    Post edited by ed3D on
  • UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588
    edited May 2023

Forbidden

I was working on a "NO AI" logo for another contest, and decided to expand it with a landscape scene.  For this render, choosing "Farmland" from the Scene tab was a no-brainer.

And suddenly, my render qualified for The Challenge!

Characters are V4, D3, and Scrappy the Robot.  Carrara native processes include hair (via JonStark), trees, terrain and text.  I learned a bunch about Carrara hair from Jon's product.

"Tiny" postwork. :)

Forbidden.jpg
    1500 x 1583 - 949K
    Forbidden Carrara Setup.JPG
    1503 x 1038 - 244K
    Post edited by UnifiedBrain on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,026

I've been out of action for about 10 days so am only commenting on most recent - apologies to earlier works and discussions.

Thanks for the recent comments, Headwax.

UB - LOL, great logo for the AI themes.  Perfect fit here as well.  Once again, I am astounded at your amazing ability to work older figures and create illustrative styles.  Magnifique.

ed3D - Glad to see you've got the sun the way you want it.  Seems like it could be an excellent opening establishment shot for a movie.

Stezza - your models never disappoint.  what a fun cave people shopping trip.  I'd be a little worried about the sabre tooth and the bone in my hair if I was the cave woman.  surprise

I honestly don't remember the status of my own projects.  Still away from my home desktop, but may do another entry with my laptop.

ed3D said:

Got time for another entry as well ?

UnifiedBrain said:

Forbidden

I was working on a "NO AI" logo for another contest, and decided to expand it with a landscape scene.  For this render, choosing "Farmland" from the Scene tab was a no-brainer.

Characters are V4, D3, and Scrappy the Robot.  Carrara native processes include hair (via JonStark), trees, terrain and text.  I learned a bunch about Carrara hair from Jon's product.

Love the composition !!!

edited May 2023

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

idk  _  because   " how much  time is left   &  been working on a coupl  Bryce  Challeng  also "    ^  &  Thanx  

Post edited by ed3D on

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

&   "could"   be  another  ^  Thanx

Diomede and Bunyip, thanks for the comments on Forbidden!  I've decided to explore this render deeper, so another version is coming soon.

Ed3D, none of us know how much time is left in the Challenge, because no deadline has been posted yet.  Even then, it is usually pretty flexible.  So you probably have time to do another. yes

Speaking for myself only, the longer the better.  I've got a lot of work left to do, as I'm planning a comic panel, a single render, and (gasp) an animation.

Headwax, really enjoying this Challenge.  Inspiration has exceeded my grasp. :).

UnifiedBrain said:.

Ed3D, none of us know how much time is left in the Challenge, because no deadline has been posted yet.  Even then, it is usually pretty flexible.  So you probably have time to do another. yes

^  alrite then  ^  +  Thanx   

edited May 2023

&    Another  ^  one of these  My Logo    ^   Thanx

Summer Breeze - Pool Party   &   a  Submarinre  in the pool

Doc3SUMR-BREZ 1 c.png
    1600 x 900 - 762K
    Screenshot (224).png
    1920 x 1028 - 243K
    Screenshot (223).png
    1920 x 1035 - 302K
    Screenshot (225).png
    1920 x 1025 - 200K
    Screenshot (222).png
    1920 x 1035 - 211K
    Post edited by ed3D on

ed3D said:

Summer Breeze - Pool Party

Cool !!!

edited May 2023

Bunyip02 said:

ed3D said:

Summer Breeze - Pool Party   &   a  Submarinre  in the pool

Cool !!!

&  Thanx Very much   ** 

Post edited by ed3D on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,757

UnifiedBrain said:

Forbidden

I bet Grant would never have imagined that his sister and his dentist would still be around these days ... doing stuff laugh

in Carrara yes

Thanks Stezza. :)

Ed3D - nice use of Scenes tab materials (Logo Pool) in Pool Party. yes

UnifiedBrain said:

Thanks Stezza. :)

Ed3D - nice use of Scenes tab materials (Logo Pool) in Pool Party. yes

&   Thanx   -   &    partly  the song  Summer Breeze - 

ed3D said:

Very nice!

edited May 2023

Hope is Rekindled

Desert Rock from Landscape 2 scene browser is the base.  I played with the realistic sky editor to get the red haze (lower the red filter in the haze menu).  Some cubes and fire primitives for the signals.  And a Lil Frankie model from Daz as a messenger.

Hope is Rekindled 01.png
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    hope is 2.jpg
    1708 x 990 - 222K
    hope is 3.jpg
    1870 x 317 - 148K
    Hope is Rekindled 02.png
    1600 x 900 - 1M
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

ed3D said:

Very nice!

+  Thanx   +  ^ 

Sorry just got back, it's a real PITA not being able to logon to daz with my ipad.

Now to see what I have been missing...

edited May 2023

Stezza said:

Shopping

Tha usual quirky brilliance Stezza, arent those Dart terrain back grounds really handy?

edit just realised the cart was stone and saw how it's tied together :)

Post edited by Headwax on

ed3D said:

another beautiful postxcard scene :) Love the moon and the sun and the clouds and the whole Haiku like landscape

Diomede said:

I've been out of action for about 10 days so am only commenting on most recent - apologies to earlier works and discussions.

Thanks for the recent comments, Headwax.

UB - LOL, great logo for the AI themes.  Perfect fit here as well.  Once again, I am astounded at your amazing ability to work older figures and create illustrative styles.  Magnifique.

ed3D - Glad to see you've got the sun the way you want it.  Seems like it could be an excellent opening establishment shot for a movie.

Stezza - your models never disappoint.  what a fun cave people shopping trip.  I'd be a little worried about the sabre tooth and the bone in my hair if I was the cave woman.  surprise

I honestly don't remember the status of my own projects.  Still away from my home desktop, but may do another entry with my laptop.

Let me know how long you need, I was thinking of rolling  this up about the 24th of May ?? Flexable of course!

UnifiedBrain said:

Forbidden

Classic symbolism there - delightful how you have adapted a traditional American Icon with a newly developing unAmerican idea.

Love the NO behind the woman's head :)

Diomede said:

Hope is Rekindled

Desert Rock from Landscape 2 scene browser is the base.  I played with the realistic sky editor to get the red haze (lower the red filter in the haze menu).  Some cubes and fire primitives for the signals.  And a Lil Frankie model from Daz as a messenger.

red haze is very effective - thanks for pointing that out - the Sun looks real!