Carrara Challenge #66 - Jumping Off a Browser Scene Go Splat !

Comments

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

Is there any secret to making a smooth camera fly-through?  Mine seem to be a little jerky.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817

UnifiedBrain said:

Is there any secret to making a smooth camera fly-through?  Mine seem to be a little jerky.

bezier tweener?

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,924

WendyLuvsCatz said:

UnifiedBrain said:

bezier tweener?

what wendy said :) plus a target helper is always handy

Diomede said:

Packaging Update - Frosted NGons Start

Have decided on a name for the cereal.  Will work on some typical side-of-the-box textures like ingredients and nutrition. But at least I have a name.

ha ha that's a classic - nice use of those package scenes - they might be premade but that doesnt mean they are not worthy to be used !!

Diomede said:

Lighting Scenes - Probably Not an Entry

Exploring some of the scenes in the 'lighting scene' folder of the browser.  Here is a simple Torch Song scene using the Hollywood Lights.  Vickie 6 and Michael 5.  I'm going to keep exploring.  This probably won't be an entry - at least not in its current form.

that's beautiful Ted, I think you have captured the mood , and that smoke makes my lung hurt ... holdon it's making both of them hurt 

WendyLuvsCatz said:

well the video I linked before worked for me

for 30fps

0.02 in preferences 

0.1 all selected rightclick duration on timeline 

classic wendy, where di you get Princess Diana's voice? Or have you always had it?? 

Diomede said:

Bowling Animation Update - attempt to add Bolwing Alley Polka music

Please let me know if the link does not work.  Dio Bowling Entry Carrara 66  Video link

Wonderful job Ted, the physics on the pins looked the part - and the intro music and the wiggling shoulders set the scene nicely I think :) Don't you love hunting for sound effects? Especially when you find them!

ed3D said:

And  the  " Duck "   added to  the rest of  the items 

&    + Thanx  +

those shaders , the translucent ones are super effective - which ones did you use? 

Diomede said:

Update Bowling.

Trade-offs.

https://youtu.be/bZLLHyO9BQA

This makes me want to animate again!

ed3D said:

+  have entered one  Greeting from SomeWhere Else      &    yay-yay

nice work ed3D :)

UnifiedBrain said:

I finished my first animation!

Click on the above image.

Carrara did a great job of outputting the png's.  Most of the renders were about 12 seconds long, so it took a little over 5 hours for the main file.  However, PowerDirector choked on the load a bit, and I ended up with the same problem as before - the sequenced pngs were slower than the audio.  My solution was to load the pngs by themselves in PowerDirector, and turn them into a mp4 file.  When I reloaded the mp4 back into the editing room, it synched closely with the audio.  Yes, it is an extra step, but it only took a minute to make the mp4.  For me, it's just nice to find something that consistently works.

Uploading to Vimeo was much easier than the first time (a few years ago).

Animation in Carrara is like learning a new language. A different way of thinking.  Many thanks to everyone for your advice (especially Wendy) and to PhilW for his Carrara Animation tutorial.

Great timing - holds the viewer's eye succinctly. The best animations are too the point - just like this . Also impressed by the My Favourite Things video

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,817
    edited May 2023

Headwax said:

classic wendy, where di you get Princess Diana's voice? Or have you always had it?? 

is a Librivox recording  

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,078
    edited May 2023

UnifiedBrain said:

Mine is jerky.  As Wendy said, bezier.  

Here is another thought.  Or, it might be the same thought.  Insert a vertex object.  Use a low detail grid, very low.  Manipulate the grid to get it roughly connecting your start and end points.  Draw a new polyline line roughing out the path you want by clicking points on the grid. Then extract the line again (seems like a waste) and use it to get the motion path.   Link to figure 8 discussion in next post.

Post edited by Diomede on

UnifiedBrain said:

I had a similar issue trying to get a camera fly through for a race car on a figure 8 track, and on a terrain.  Wendy's target helper idea was a helpful.  A couple of posts scattered in the following thread give the details.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4573376/#Comment_4573376

• ed3Ded3D Posts: 1,983

Headwax said:

ed3D said:

+  have entered one  Greeting from SomeWhere Else      &    yay-yay

nice work ed3D :)

&   thanx ya' kindly   + 

Thanks for the comments, @Headwax.

edited May 2023

Headwax said:

ed3D said:

&    + Thanx  +

those shaders , the translucent ones are super effective - which ones did you use? 

&  will  look also  &  seems like these  => 

DigitalPainters Shaders Vol II_daz3D.jpg
    500 x 650 - 204K
    Screenshot (254).png
    1920 x 1037 - 312K
    Post edited by ed3D on
    edited May 2023

My final entry.  I had 3 half started projects to choose from, 4 if you count the woolly mammoth.  But only one entry slot left.  Ultimately decided to go with this Hollywood Lights Scene image.  Did some touch ups with Filter Forge.  I did not like this image for a couple of reasons when I first did it.  But I started to change my mind a little.

V6 and M6 and a Daz piano under the scene lights labeled Hollywood in the browser.  I think Hollywood Lights comes with the default Carrara content, but am not sure.

Hollywood Lights Scene Yorch Song Entry.jpg
    1600 x 1200 - 544K
    Post edited by Diomede on

Diomede said:

My final entry.  I had 3 half started projects to choose from, 4 if you count the woolly mammoth.  But only one entry slot left.  Ultimately decided to go with this Hollywood Lights Scene image.  Did some touch ups with Filter Forge.  I did not like this image for a couple of reasons when I first did it.  But I started to change my mind a little.

V6 and M6 and a Daz piano under the scene lights labeled Hollywood in the browser.  I think Hollywood Lights comes with the default Carrara content, but am not sure.

Hard when you have so many brilliant projects on the go!!!

• Bunyip02Bunyip02 Posts: 7,695

Headwax - You have two Entry 21's and second Entry 21 is the same as Entry 22 !!! That Mr Smith sure gets around !

Bunyip02 said:

Headwax - You have two Entry 21's and second Entry 21 is the same as Entry 22 !!! That Mr Smith sure gets around !

ha ha thanks!

Daz website crashed whikle I wa suploading - I didn't realised the first post had gone through - thanks for the headsup!!

Yes that Mr Smith is an oily character :)

• UnifiedBrainUnifiedBrain Posts: 3,588

HW, thanks for the positive comments on the animation!

A valuable learning-experience Challenge.  Only two entries from me - although the time I put in was probably equal to 5 regular renders. :)

edited June 2023

EDIT :  and it loaded  , Entered 

Entry  image not up loading  =  thanx

Post edited by ed3D on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,801

ed3D said:

&    + Thanx  +

gotta luv that duck yes 

Stezza said:

ed3D said:

&    + Thanx  +

gotta luv that duck yes 

yes , Sir   _    heart  a   Duckey  + 

UnifiedBrain said:

HW, thanks for the positive comments on the animation!

A valuable learning-experience Challenge.  Only two entries from me - although the time I put in was probably equal to 5 regular renders. :)

pleasure - yes animation is a long process - it gets easier - then it gets harder :) 

my first animation was a surfing one in anim8or - it went for twenty minutes and it was very very very bad 

but I learnt an amazing amount especially anim8ing splines 

anim8or had no ik or tweeners at the time

ed3D said:

great news :) 

Headwax said:

ed3D said:

great news :) 

Alrite Then   (: 

edited June 2023

And  then -  made an Ice-Chest with Blender 2.79b   +   Thanx

Screenshot (260).png
    1920 x 1032 - 1M
    Screenshot (261).png
    1912 x 1003 - 1M
    Post edited by ed3D on

that scene is spot on ed3d - reminds me of holidays!