Lost albino texture created with Skin Builder 8 [Solved]

kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575
edited April 2023 in Daz Studio Discussion

...not sure what caused thus but when I loaded one of my characters that had an albino skin which was created with Skin Builder 8, the texture for some reason did not load save for the face. I checked the Surfaces tab and the maps have the proper label for the Skin Builder texture that was stored  but all the material zones for the body are a basic flesh colour instead of albino toned. I opened to the folder from the surfaces tab to where the Skin Builder skins are stored and when I reapplied the torso map it didn't fix the issue.  So apparently for lack of any other explanation, somehow, the skin I created was either corrupted or somehow overwritten but I have no idea how it happened. 

Really not looking forward to rebuilding it from scratch again as creating a true albino skin is very difficult and time consuming to get it to match the photo resources I as I have to make separate manual adjustments to the translucency, Reflectance tint. and SSS settings

I have never had this occur before and I've been working with the Skin Builder utilities since Skin Builder Pro for G2. When I last closed the character file everything was fine.  I don't use geoshells so that could not have been the cause.

bugger yet another bad gateway error hit just as I submitted so I had to redo this again. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

kyoto kid said:

...not sure what caused thus but when I loaded one of my characters that had an albino skin which was created with Skin Builder 8, the texture for some reason did not load save for the face. I checked the Surfaces tab and the maps have the proper label for the Skin Builder texture that was stored  but all the material zones for the body are a basic flesh colour instead of albino toned. I opened to the folder from the surfaces tab to where the Skin Builder skins are stored and when I reapplied the torso map it didn't fix the issue.  So apparently for lack of any other explanation, somehow, the skin I created was either corrupted or somehow overwritten but I have no idea how it happened. 

Really not looking forward to rebuilding it from scratch again as creating a true albino skin is very difficult and time consuming to get it to match the photo resources I as I have to make separate manual adjustments to the translucency, Reflectance tint. and SSS settings

I have never had this occur before and I've been working with the Skin Builder utilities since Skin Builder Pro for G2. When I last closed the character file everything was fine.  I don't use geoshells so that could not have been the cause.

bugger yet another bad gateway error hit just as I submitted so I had to redo this again. 

Buy RedZ Studio Tyrone for Genesis 8 and combine with SloshWerkz UV Swapper for Genesis 8.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,575

...looked at it but that costs money I don't have and I would need both.  Ended up solving hte issue (see below) but still in the dark as to why it happened.

After a bit of poking around I finally discovered what happened. .Apparently a different Skin Builder texture for the body mats somehow was applied to the character.  I discovered this awhile looking at the name of the face texture and comparing it to the texture of the Arms Legs and Torso Mat Zones and found those were different.  Clicking on those to get to the folder where the SBP skins are saved I then searched for the first four numbers in the texture name from the face map and found the others, then one by one reloaded them into the proper channels and everything is back to normal. I also closed the character and reloaded her to make sure the whatever glitch occurred didn't happen again. 

Yeah still a bother but nothing like having to rebuild it form scratch again.  The outer skin layer isn't just "white" it is actually devoid of melanin so it is somewhat more translucent and thus more complex to recreate. 

Again I have no idea how the texture swap happened  but this time prepared as to what to do if it ooccurs again.