Post crash question - morphs & custom morphs present in Data not loading SOLVED

nowefgnowefg Posts: 557
edited March 2023 in The Commons

Hi,

Working on recovering from a System SSD crash. Since my content is on an external drive, it shouldn't have been affected, but there's a problem.

Loading base G8's works fine, but no character or other shaping morphs will apply. 

I have the Dir paths set properly to access the correct drive, and everything shows in Content Library. The base G8 figures load, but won't take a shaping morph of any kind, not custom, no purchased.

Custom G8 figures saved as Figure Assets load, but are missing Parameters/Morphs/Morph Loader sliders, and the sliders present don't work.

So, I guess the basic question is: If a character has morph dsf's in the Data folder, why are they not loading as Parameters sliders when I load the character, or applying from Content Library?

Post edited by nowefg on

Comments

• Have you checked the log file, after loading the base figure and after applying a character preset? Where are the .dsf files, and what are your content directories?

• nowefgnowefg Posts: 557

Thanks, Richard,

Logs are attached. First log is after opening Studio and loading G8F Basic. There weren't any errors reported in the upper opening Studio portion, so I screenshot the lower part, with the G8F Basic load only.

Log 2 is after trying to load head and body morphs for a character. The last 4 lines are all that were added to the log, and no change showed in the G8F Basic shape.

Log 3 is after trying a Daz core character. The shape does load, but Parameters only shows the People shape, not separate head and body morphs, which I think should be there.

I'm also attaching a screenshot of the Eleyna character Data folder, showing the path and files, which are in the right place.

Log 1 A.jpg
    1475 x 630 - 149K
    Log 2 A.jpg
    1649 x 677 - 149K
    Log 3 A.jpg
    1033 x 670 - 148K
    Devious Dolls Eleyna Data Folder.jpg
    845 x 409 - 47K

So, regarding the above Logs, G8F loads without looking for any morphs. All the Daz core add-ons are in the correct Data folder; Head & Body Morphs, Core characters, content creator characters, etc.

Studio apparently isn't looking for them. There aren't any Not Found errors. It's like G8F Basic is not linked to it's associated Data folders in Data/Daz 3D/...

But it did find Aiko 8, which is in the same Data folder.

In the case of Eleyna, the log says Studio loaded it, without any Not Found errors, but nothing actually loaded.

Is there some refresh process for CMS or something?

• Please give the actual locations and path settings, and attach the full log (at least for the inital figure load). You may be right that everything is where it should be, but that does need double-checking given the odd behaviour.

edited March 2023

Makes sense, Richard,

Here's the full log, a txt file, and a screenshot of the path.

txt
    txt
    Full log.txt
    Path.jpg
    740 x 662 - 61K
    Post edited by nowefg on

Solved.

Simple problem. Preferences was mis-set. I specified the drive, but not the folder beneath it. I assumed, since there's only the one content folder on the drive, it would use that.

Thanks, Richard.

• Glad you sorted it out, I'm surrpised it loaded anything at all.