Suggestion: generic road props with no lines or signs

We have several environments that include roads (I'm reffering to modern asphalt roads), but very often their textures have painted lines yellow in the middle and white at the sides. This makes them unusable to depict sceneries where, like here in Italy (but I guess also other European countries) normal lines (middle and side) are white, and only get painted yellow in specific situations.

I think a set of road props (straight, curves, various types of crossing, etc) without lines or signals painted on the asphalt textures would be useful. Lines and signal could be provided as LIE add-ons available with various colours options. It also would be easy for customers to create their own if words need to be in languages different from English.

Comments

• lou_harperlou_harper Posts: 1,060

I'm in favor of all sorts of road props. :)

Meanwhile, you could use something like the asphalt parking lot prop From King Wash to replace the road surface. I assume you have curbs that are higher up than the road, so you just drop in the asphalt and raise it upe a little to be above the original surface. I just did something like that recently. You could also add your own lines using layered image editor.

• I suspect it's also possible to pull the relevant texture into Photoshop or Paint.net, color-replace the painted line with white, save it as a new texture, and replace the one on the Surface pane with that one.  But yeah, products with the ability to change the street-lines color sounds like a good idea.