Aux Viewport is very Bright

Hello,

I have a big problem and I can't find the solution. My aux viewport is all white and I have no idea how it happened. Maybe I accidentally clicked something. Important pictures are included in the appendix.

Thank you very much.

reza

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-14 um 17.51.01.png
1072 x 1536 - 448K
Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-14 um 17.50.45.png
1020 x 2294 - 602K
Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-14 um 17.50.14.png
1074 x 2544 - 672K
Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-14 um 17.49.55.png
736 x 452 - 133K
Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-14 um 17.40.44.png
2562 x 1223 - 2M

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 3,657

If you hoover your mouse over the Aux Viewer, there should be a dropdown for drawstyle visible (the icon left to 'perspective view'), similar to what you have in your Viewport.

Click that and change drawstyle to 'texture shaded'. It looks like it is in Filament with too high intensity.

If it is Filament, you can also Create > New Filament Draw Option and lower the intensity in parameters (will be created in the scene tab).

• Hello,

Thank you for your help. I did everything as you described, but unfortunately it didn't work. The filament window is not responding. The Filament Draw option does not come up. Maybe it has to do with new filament rendering. I've attached a few pictures as attachments. thank you again and all the best to you.

Reza from Berlin

Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-15 um 10.10.24.png
    3756 x 1580 - 2M
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-15 um 09.58.42.png
    1344 x 1216 - 516K
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-15 um 09.57.15.png
    1408 x 854 - 690K
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-15 um 09.53.14.png
    2726 x 2394 - 6M
    Bildschirmfoto 2022-12-15 um 10.13.53.png
    1180 x 694 - 216K

Oh, you are on a Mac.

I don't know how/if Filament work on those.

But what happens if you just set Aux Viewport to 'Texture Shaded'?

• I need to use either Texture Shaded or Iray, but I want Iray for my Aux Viewport. Attached are the pictures

Iray can run on a NVidia GPU or on CPU, with CPU being much slower.

And I don'y know if you can use Iray in viewport on CPU. But if it will take quite some time.

And as NVidia and Apple isn't working together, I don't know if you can use Iray in viewport on a Mac.

• Yes I use Iray and have no problem, I've rendered several hundred images with Iray for years and it looks very good for my purpose anyway

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 742

You've got the Aux set to Iray but the EV in the ToneMapping tab is wrong; it's too low.  You can't see the value because you have ToneMapping turned off; that's fine in the newer versions of Studio because the latest versions still honour the EV even if ToneMapping is turned off (there was a long standing bug in older versions that used an EV of 0 if tonemapping was switched off).  Unfortunately even though EV is now used it can't be set without temporarily turning tonemapping on.

So simply set "Tone Mapping Enable" on (temporarily), tweak the EV value to something to match the illuminance of the scene and then turn "Tone Mapping Enable" back off.  I don't know if you are using scene lights but it seems very unlikely given that you are using Ruins and have the environment intensity set to 5, so that's an EV of around 15.3 for correct exposure.  That will wash out all scene lights.

Remember that with tonemapping off the display will have a much higher dynamic range than with it on.  Expect the brightest parts of the scene to be completely washed out and the darkets parts black; once you add some tonemapping back in the scene will return to normal (though for dark scenes you don't want agressive tone mapping.)

• I am not sure whether this has been mentioned already nor whether it is a real "fix" but what I generally do is 

set the "Intensity" in the "Render Settings" tab down real low (around 0.3 or even 0.2) or the other way is to set the

intensity (percentage) for your scene lights down quite a bit. Of course when you than go back to "Iray Shader"

you'll find now the scene is too dark :(

But that's what I did, in particular if rendering out to a "Filament render" image - you will also find that if you

select "Viewport" as the output, and save your scene file, the icon generated will be of similar appearnce to your

filament view settings. I haven't really toyed around with filament that much but hopefully this can at least let you

appreciate that actually filament renders are fairly good quality even for "demo quality" renders, though you'd probably 

wany Iray (or Octane maybe? Haven't installed it myself) but filament can be a very fast choice for testing animations

although I still have some "odd" problems with light artifacts though I am sure these could be reduced with good lighting 

rigs, and good light setup choices. best regards and have a safe and merry season :)

Michael K.

• Hi, thank you all for helping me. I haven't been there for a long time. The problem was solved when I opened DAZ the next day.

Thanks again

reza