Files (.duf) suddenly saving at 800MB

I noticed my computer was having difficulty functioning in the Daz environment about 2 days ago. Super slow, hanging up on save for 20 or 30 minutes, etc. Realized my files are now saving at 800MB when they are normally 5 or 6 on the biggest ones with multiple models. I don't think I changed any settings. I'm too new to know where to look or figure out what can cause that issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated but if I need to check something please tell me where it's located because I won't automatically know! Sorry about that and thank you!

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,390

Did you use tools like the geometry editor, dFormers or mesh grabber? Or run a dForce simulation? That would make the scene much larger than usual.

• fred9803fred9803 Posts: 1,562

I've learnt from experience that Fit Control can add 100+Mb to scene files if you don't delete all the unused morphs.

• Leana said:

Did you use tools like the geometry editor, dFormers or mesh grabber? Or run a dForce simulation? That would make the scene much larger than usual.

No. I loaded a model and added hair. It was minimal amount of work. I have since learned other people have checked their file sizes and have had this massive increase in size.