Weird line on G8F Chest - Possible G8F Morph Malfunction?

Gemini QueenGemini Queen Posts: 263

I'm using the Massive morphs for G8F as well as the Genesis 8 Female Body Morphs to make this character, and there is this weird vein/line that's popping up on the left side her chest. Not sure where it's coming from, but it's hardly visible in the texture view. I'm going to try and make her smaller, but I really wish I know how to get rid of it. I did take the photo over to GIMP to see if there was any way that I could just smooth it out, alas I'm not that talented in it (still learning) and there are a million ways to smooth something out in GIMP (google hasn't been helpful, but I'm trying. 

I've listed two images, one showing the before render where you can't even really tell that it's there, then the finished render with that weird line. 

Skin Issue.png
1251 x 947 - 768K
Double Skin issue.png
464 x 569 - 203K
Post edited by Gemini Queen on

Comments

• Nevermind, I figured it out! So for some reason, when applying the Raw Massive Veins morph to her, it makes that weird line. But it's only in that spot, all the other veins look pretty normal. Not sure why it's like that, but I go it figure out now, so I guess it's fine. 

• Speaking from the dim & distant past (2006? before I took 12 years out from 3d rendering), I can vaguely remember that sort of thing happening in 3Delight where the shadow map for a light wasn't of high enough resolution. I am not sure if that could occur now. Could something like that be happening here? It seems to be associated with a low angle shadow in pretty much the same place as I'd have expected years ago.

Regards

Richard

• Possibly, that's something that could be happening. I'll have to tinker with the lights more, and if I see more issues like this arise, then I'll keep this in mind.