G3F Texture on G8F preview

3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471

I am working on a G8F version of my G3F character, but when I apply the G3F textures to G8F, I get this glowy cartoony preview, versus the normal preview.

If I copy paste the same texture from G3F it works without this glowy thing going on...but I dont think I can do that with eyes and such, and I want the option to change makeup wihtout having to load G3F every time.

Any thoughts on why that occurs?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,471
    Richard, can you move this to the technical help forum?
  • Done. How are you applying the textures? If the shader is different then Copy/Paste won't update it, just settings with the same name.

Moved the thread - you can do that yourself by editing the first post and clicking the forum name above the title, which will open a drop down list of available forums

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391

3dOutlaw said:

Richard, can you move this to the technical help forum?

You can move it yourself by editing the first post.

OK, thanks I missed that.  

For the process:

1. Find the G3F Mats in the content library and double click them to apply to G8F = Glowy skin on left

versus...

2. Find the same G3F Mats in the content library, apply them to G3F, then click G3F Skin, Copy, click G8F, Paste = Skin looks good, like on the right.

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

I have never had a problem applying G3F mats to G8F, but a lot of G3F figures had both, 3DL and Iray materials and applying one on a surface that's already using the other, doesn't always work the way it should.

edited December 2020

OK, I did some testing (tried a lot of shaders) and it seems it was a problem with that shader in particular, and lo and behold, I noticed an "Updated Iray Shaders" folder in there, which then worked as expected.  My bad, seems it was a shader specific problem and a fix already exists.  It was for Fredel's retro heroine btw, in case anyone stumbles across this, or searches for it.  Thanks for the replies!

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on