Problems with Genesis 1 Clothing (maybe stepping down to 4.12)

Hi there!

I have the problem, that since i updated to 4.14 Pro, my Genesis 1 clothings does not work correctly anymore. They does not fit on genesis 1anymore.

Yes, I know, it's old, but I don't want to stop working with Genesis 1 stuff.

So, my fear is, that genesis 1 stuff will not longer be supported? If so, is there any way to get back to 4.12?

Thanks for you help <3

Comments

• Do you have some examples? How is it failing?

• Breasts fit weird and the neck is too high.

NewCanvas1.jpg
    800 x 433 - 106K
  • BejaymacBejaymac Posts: 1,886

In the scene tab right click the clothing item, select the Fit "clothing item name" to.. option, if the pop up says "none" then that's part of the problem.

A hell of a lot of Genesis 1 content wasn't saved "properly", as a result the auto conform code is missing, it needs the CMS + metadata to do the auto conforming when it's being loaded.

If the CMS isn't running/installed and the metatdata is missing, that this is what to expect, it could also be a case of someones altered the CMS for this build and it no longer does that "auto fit to" check.

• Andecaya said:

Breasts fit weird and the neck is too high.

Which set is that?

• Bejaymac said:

In the scene tab right click the clothing item, select the Fit "clothing item name" to.. option, if the pop up says "none" then that's part of the problem.

A hell of a lot of Genesis 1 content wasn't saved "properly", as a result the auto conform code is missing, it needs the CMS + metadata to do the auto conforming when it's being loaded.

If the CMS isn't running/installed and the metatdata is missing, that this is what to expect, it could also be a case of someones altered the CMS for this build and it no longer does that "auto fit to" check.

Thanks for the help <3

fit to: Unfortunatly this was an idea I already had, and it's not what happened. It is fit to genesis.

CMS: CMS and meta-data seem to be ok.

• Richard Haseltine said:

Which set is that?

Hongyus Bikini

I wonder if the problem are the genesis evolution shapes?

• Andecaya said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Which set is that?

Hongyus Bikini

Try finding the slider for a morph that isn't working, click the gear icon>Parameter Settings. is AutoFollow checked?

•  

Try finding the slider for a morph that isn't working, click the gear icon>Parameter Settings. is AutoFollow checked?

It is. It's just, when I choose a ready to use shape like "The Priestess" it works, and if I use my shapes, done with the evolution morphs, which always worked fine, it doesn't work anymore. It's not just this set. It's all genesis clothing.

Is there any way to get back to version 4.12? 

• What do you mean by "your shapes" - pose presets, master sliders controlling multiple morphs, or a compoind morph exported as OBJ and then reim,ported as a new morph? If the latter, ddi you save it as a morph asset? There is a long-standing issue with custoim morphs embedded in the scene file not auto-following.

• I use dozenz of the evolution morph sliders to create a shape and then save it as a shape preset. I load genesis, and apply my shape preset. Presets that always worked with the clothings now does not work anymore with the clothing. But if I use a ready to use shape for genesis (like the priestess or summer or whatever - shape presets, that come with a character that includes shapes and skin textures) it works as far as I can see. So I guess something is wrong with the genesis evolution morphs.

It seems I'm the only one having this trouble. I don't think there will be a solution soon. So I would really like to know if I can go back to version 4.12 where everything worked well.

• How abourt manually dialling in a few of the morphs? I'm just reinstalling my morphs to test this here.

• The individual morphs are transferring OK for me in the items I've checked, once those are fitted to Genesis. I very much doubt this is an issue with the update, unless perhaps there is a plug in involved, but the onyl way to get a copy of an older version (if you didn't make a back up) is to ask support through a ticket.

• Thank you that you are still trying to help me, means a lot! My English is not the best. What do you mean with manually dialling in a few of the morphs?

You mean load a genesis, fit the cloth and then do all the morphs I use to create a shape? That is impossible, way to many morphs used. I create my own characters with those evolution morphs and use my characters more than once.

I really had no problem with all of this before the update, so for me the only reason seem to be the update. I get no error message or something when I start DAZ Studio, so I don't think there is anything missing.

The idiot I am I didn't done a backup before I updated DAZ Studio.

Also I didn't kept the install package.

I tried some things, and it seems that "torso length" make a lot of problems (not the only one, but very visible). This wasn't a problem before. Also the V5 breast sizes seem to act weird with clothing.

NewCanvas1.jpg
    1920 x 1040 - 383K
  • Torso Length seems to be doubling up for me too, Berasts Size is OK. Please open a support ticket to report these as a possible bugs https://www.daz3d.com/help

• Thanks, I will do.

And thank you for your patience and help <3

Have a wonderful christmas time!