DAZ Studio a complete breakdown.

Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519

Can anyone help with this please?  I tried to update DAZ to 4.14 yesterday but everything seemed to go wrong. After the update some new products I had bought would not install but they did show on both DIM and DAZ Central.(SKU 19404 was one product, old rowboat) When I loaded a figure it came onto the workspace totally white as if bathed in intense light and with a harsh shadow. I tried to sort this out for myself without success, even tried a factory reset, no luck. What I have now is as you see in the attached pic. So, before I delete DAZ altogether I thought I would appeal for help and guidance to the forum. Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Have a nice day.

Screenshot 2020-11-29 115817.jpg
1920 x 1080 - 156K
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• LyonessLyoness Posts: 1,612

the all white UI usually means that the update was applied while DS was open.

I recommend that you reinstall the update and make sure that daz studio is closed first.

• Thank you lioness I will try that right now.

• cajhincajhin Posts: 154

I had the exact same thing happen with the latest beta, for the first time.

It works after a reinstall.

I think it would be a really good idea if the DAZ installer checked for running instances (this is kinda standard for most installers).

ESPECIALLY with an app that takes extraordinary long to shut down completely.

• Cat_DancingCat_Dancing Posts: 519
    edited December 2020

Thank you Lioness, that solved the problem, very nicely.

Post edited by Cat_Dancing on