Problem with Material Presets Universal Dress Brass and Bows - SOLVED (hopefully)

GeoffreyHawkinsGeoffreyHawkins Posts: 255

I just purchased the Unviversal Dress and related products to specifically use the product Universal Dress Brass and Bows.  Some, but not all of the Brass and Bows Material Presets are failing and displaying an error message "an error occurred while reading the file, see the log file for more details."  

I am using DazConnect and have uninstalled and reinstalled all the related products but the issue remains.  I've updated metadata specifically on Brass and Bow. 

Update: not sure what I did but the presets seem to be working now. 

Post edited by GeoffreyHawkins on

Comments

• That usually means you are trying to apply a preset with no target selected. In this case it may also have been using a Hierarchical Materials preset with the items not parented to anything or parented to the wrong figure (e.g. after  AutoFitting to the male or an earlier Genesis).

• Thanks Richard.  I loaded the outfits without a figure just to run through my differnt texture options.  When I parented them to a figure, the presets worked.  Just thought it was odd that some presets worked and others didn't.

• Because a lot of dForce items have parented props for rigid elements, like buttons, we are seeing far more Hierarchical Materials presets than in the past - theya llow a single preset to adjust both the dForce garment and the parented buttons. The downside is that a Hierarchical preset depends on having the correct root parent, otherwise it will error out.