Saving a scene or an image in 4.14

I have been working on an image today, and I`m really good about saving every so often, just in case I have a crash.

Anyway, first off I could`nt save my work, which was a pain, but I carried on and hoped DS did`nt decide to have a meltdown.

Finally I finished, rendered in Iray as usual, but now I can`t save the finished image either.

I tried all formats, png, tiff etc, but DS was`nt having any of it.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

Have you ran out of space?

If the render is finished, it should be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\

Or you could at least take a PrintScreen of the render

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

What Operating System?

Where are you trying to save it?

Is the drive full?

• What Operating System?

Where are you trying to save it?

Is the drive full?

Windows 10, I`m trying to save to the same folder I have always used, and my drive is nowhere near full.

• PerttiA said:

Have you ran out of space?

If the render is finished, it should be found in C:\Users\[UserName]\AppData\Roaming\DAZ 3D\Studio4\temp\render\

Or you could at least take a PrintScreen of the render

The render finished, but it was`nt in the temp folder, its so frustrating

What's the exact folder path?

Were you able to see anything in the temp folder?

• What's the exact folder path?

Were you able to see anything in the temp folder?

The path I was trying to save to was the same one I have always used without problems, just named `finished renders` on my desktop, it`s worked perfectly fine for years, so I can`t see that being the problem.

As for the temp folder, it was totally empty.

Permissions kicking in?...

Does it open the save dialog so that you could save somewhere else, maybe an USB stick if you don't have any other drives but C:

Was DS still running when you checked the temp folder, or had DS already been closed?  When you close DS it empties the temp folder.

You may need to set your Folder Options to show hidden and system folders and files.

• PerttiA said:

Does it open the save dialog so that you could save somewhere else, maybe an USB stick if you don't have any other drives but C:

The only save option I have is at the bottom of the image, where I can change the name and/or folder? Funny thing just happened though, I did a fast and dirty render using Terradome and some fog, it rendered and promptly saved where I wanted it to go.

I think what I`m going to do is re-create the image I did and see if there was something specific that caused problems, or if it was just DS having a glitch.

Thank you for your help though, my husbands suggestion was "hit it with a hammer and see what happens" lol.

PaulaDegg said:
    PerttiA said:

The only save option I have is at the bottom of the image, where I can change the name and/or folder? Funny thing just happened though, I did a fast and dirty render using Terradome and some fog, it rendered and promptly saved where I wanted it to go.

I think what I`m going to do is re-create the image I did and see if there was something specific that caused problems, or if it was just DS having a glitch.

Thank you for your help though, my husbands suggestion was "hit it with a hammer and see what happens" lol.

So, what happened when you hit him? cheeky

• PerttiA said:

So, what happened when you hit him? cheeky

He`s very quick on his feet, and shot out the door before I could react, haha.

• PaulaDegg said:
    The only save option I have is at the bottom of the image, where I can change the name and/or folder?

That's the Render Library save option, which not everyone uses (I never have). What I've always done is use the File Menu>Save Last Render command. Note that this doesn't work while the render is running, you must cancel or pause it first.

• PaulaDegg said:
    The only save option I have is at the bottom of the image, where I can change the name and/or folder?

That's the Render Library save option, which not everyone uses (I never have). What I've always done is use the File Menu>Save Last Render command. Note that this doesn't work while the render is running, you must cancel or pause it first.

That is a good tip to know, thank you.

• One of the things it's sometimes useful to keep in mind about DAZ|Studio — I don't think there's a single function that has One True And Only Way™ to do it. There are always options; if one doesn't work, or is awkward to use, or harder to remember, try one of the others.