Is there a discussion on head shaping issues?

RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,294

With the new Daz update my models are having head shaping issues.

Their heads are misshapen on some figures and hair does not auto fit.

Maybe I am doing something wrong. I will try testing it out and add some images.

Post edited by RexRed on

Comments

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

Most likely there's a new character that's screwing up the base figure.  I had a similar problem with some teeth.  Perhaps reviewing that thread and the help I received will help you track down your offender.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/444027/hunting-down-rogue-morphs#latest

• RexRedRexRed Posts: 1,294
    edited November 2020

Sevrin thanks for the help and the link. I will read the topic you suggested.

I think I accidentally used Mesh Grabber on the head a while ago and was unaware. I think I might have been deforming on the wrong object.

Then I had another problem similar.

I loaded a scene with Michael 8 and his eyes were sunken into his face.

Maybe I did something to cause this but I unchecked his head and saved a pose of him. Then I locked the head part with Pose Mixer and reloaded the pose on a new Michael figure.

His eyes were correct then I added hair and Morningstar angel wings and looked and his eyes were sunken in again. His head looked deformed. I had to resize each eye and reposition them manually. 

Also I tried to use Filament. I know I set it up correctly but when I brought in a figure, at the crown of its head there is a small white seam circling around the face..

The hair covers it up but it is there. It happened on a few Gen 8 figures, the seam on the head thing.

I need to do more testing work here but I think I am experiencing some geometry errors. Or maybe I am just doing some things wrong.

I will read your thread link.

My Filament thread was closed so I have just been cut off from my own topics i guess. 

Not inclined to start another Filament thread.

Post edited by RexRed on