4.14 always fallback to CPU

Hi everyone, 

yesterday I've updated to Daz 4.14 and now Iray alwas switch on CPU rendring after a few seconds. It started on GPU and after, let's say, 30 iterations it goes on CPU. I can't render anything now. 

My GPU is a GTX 1070 and I tried with really low scenes, with 60% free RAM and 90% free GPU and it still render on CPU. If I uncheck the "allow CPU fallback" it just render an empty picture.

What can I do and is it possible to go back to 4.12 ? Maybe someone can send me the 4.12.1.118 zip file ?

Thanks 

Comments

• What driver do you have? I think 4.14 needs minimum of v451 . Mkae sure you get it from the NVIDIA site and don't depend on windows. Windows has a bad habit of installing it's own driver.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

Have you updated your GPU drivers?

• Yes sorry my driver is 457.30

• I just contacted the technical support to see if they can send me a link to download the old 4.12.1.118 version because I can't find a solution yet and I need a working version as soon as possible.

• MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 337
    edited November 2020
    gaiago57 said:

Yes sorry my driver is 457.30

I had a similar problem with updated driver used with 4.14;
    either card not recognized with black render screen, or cpu fallback and empty scene (I have nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti).

Solution for me was to install nVidia Studio Driver 456.38;
    untick CPU in Photoreal Mode & untick Allow CPU Fallback.

Since, rendering is ok and no CPU fallback or empty / black scene.

studio.jpg
    302 x 822 - 64K
    Post edited by MickyBe on
  • MickyBe said:
    gaiago57 said:

either card not recognized with black render screen, or cpu fallback and empty scene (I have nVidia GeForce GTX 1050 Ti).

Ok I'll try that thank you !

• MickyBe said:
    gaiago57 said:

So I tried and unfortunately it doesn't work, I have a black picture.

• MickyBeMickyBe Posts: 337
    edited November 2020
    gaiago57 said:

So I tried and unfortunately it doesn't work, I have a black picture.

That's too bad, well try with the minimum required driver for DAZ Studio 4.14, nVidia Studio Driver 451.48 ...

Here on my GTX 1050 Ti I tried first with driver 456.71 (black screen or empty render & card not recognized), then 451.48 (working ok) 
    and finally tested 456.38 (working ok).

Post edited by MickyBe on
  • Have you tried using DDU to completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall? Sometimes a bit gets left over, and that can confuse Iray.

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

Nvdia Studio Driver 456.71 works for me Studio 4.14.0.8. I don't check CPU fallback. No issues with Render or Iray Viewport.

• Have you tried using DDU to completely uninstall the drivers and then reinstall? Sometimes a bit gets left over, and that can confuse Iray.

I'll try thank you