Can't find the Zip File for Blender Bridge (MAC)

fiskpinnefiskpinne Posts: 13

Hi everyone!

I'm trying to install the Daz to Blender bridge, but hit a roadblock halfway through. 

I could really use some help. 

This is what I'm working with:

Mac: Mojave 10.14.6.

Daz: 4.12.1.118

Blender: 2.90.0

DIM: 1.4.0.67

And this is what I've done so far:

Downloaded and installed the Daz to Blender bridge using the Install Manager. 

Got the Blender Bridge script working in Daz. 

However, when I try to install the addon in Blender, I can't find the zip file needed. I've tried to go to DIM, right click on Daz to Blender and pick Installed Files, but there's no zip file to be found. There are a lot of files, but no zip file. (Which kinda makes me wonder: Are these the files I'm looking for, only they've been unzipped?)

I have also uninstalled and re-installed the Daz to Blender file again, in the Install Manager. But no dice. 

I've seen some people suggest the zip file is located at: Library /Application Support/Blender/2.90/scripts/addons/AppData/Blender Foundation/Blender/Daz 3D Add-ons. But mine only goes to "addons", but there are no "AppData" there; only a few addons I've already installed properly. But nothing related to Daz. 

What am I doing wrong? Am I looking in the wrong place? 

How can I find that zip file? 

Any help would would be appreciated. 

Post edited by fiskpinne on

Comments

• Nevermind, peepz. I managed to figure this one out by myself. 

In case someone else hits the same roadblock, here's how I solved it:

Go to your DIM, and search for your Daz to Blender bridge. Right click, and choose "Show Installed Files". 

This brings up a new window, showing you where the files you need are located. For me, it was:

Library/Application Support/Blender Foundation/Blender/BLENDER VERSION/scripts/addons. 

Now, there was a folder called "DTB" in my addons folder. This is the folder you're looking for. I copied the DTB folder, compressed it, and put the new zip file in another folder where I store all my Blender addons. Then I opened Blender, went to Preferences > Add-ons. I clicked install, searched for the newly made zip file, and hit open. Then I searched for Daz in the searchbar, and found "Armature: DazToBlender". I activated it, and then the addon finally worked as intended. 

Hope this helps!