Filament did not stop working when I switch back to Iray.

So I tried out Filament and Liked the speed of it's rendering. Went back to Iray and all my textures are white or load as if Filament is still turned on. My scene is in a continuous state of preparing, even when on objects are not in it. Checked my setting(Tonemapping,Enviroment, ect), tweeking and even resetting to default, and it dose not help. I do not know if this is a bug in Filament or there is an option I am overlooking. At this point I am thinking of uninstalling and reinstall DAZ. Has anyone else ran into this issue?

Comments

• Have you tried restarting DS? If so, it might be worth a system restart. Filament uses soem memory on the GPU, so it's possible there wasn't enough left for an Iray render - and once memory has run out it is usually necessary to restart DS.

There's also an issue with Section Planes sometimes causing Iray to fail for GPU rendering, again restarting DS should resolve it.

• Restarted both DAZ and my computer. Issue still persists.

• So I uninstalled and reinstalled DAZ. This issue is still present. This is making my experience with DAZ very frustrating. Switching the render engines has never been this much of an issue before. 

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@transformer0781

Have you reset your Viewport to either Texture Shaded or Nvidia Iray?

• fastbike1 said:

@transformer0781

Have you reset your Viewport to either Texture Shaded or Nvidia Iray?

Ok that fixed it. Set it to Iray at first, did not think of texure shaded.

• Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,148
    edited December 2020

I have the same issue.  I tried out filament and everything worked out fine.  On tutorials, I see people switching back and forth between iray and filament, but that did not work for me.  When I switched back to iray (both in viewport and in the render engine tab), I get a render completed in seconds but it is either blank or blocks of blue and black so it has not gone back to iray.  If I set the viewport to texture shaded, I see texture shaded in viewport, but rendering still results in the weird blue/black render.  The viewport will not show iray.  I have not restarted Daz, but I would like to be able to switch back and forth as other do.

Below is what i see when I set viewport to iray.  When I render with iray, I get a superfast blank render.  If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.  Thanks.

Edit to add - I saved the scene, restarted Daz, and the scene opened up with the blue/black image and still won't go back to iray.

blue.JPG
    720 x 820 - 59K
    Post edited by Worlds_Edge on