DIM: So called "thumbnails" the size of my head. Won't fit on screen.

I'll be happy to report this if it isn't a glitch on my system and not already a known issue.

First, I love the idea of bigger thumbnails - especially in DS. But some (not all) of the products I've downloaded in the last week or so with DIM have a DIM thumbnail so large that it extends off the top of the screen. This does not affect the images in DS. Just DIM. My resolution is 1920 x 1080 so the image (with a portrait aspect ratio) is a least 1200 px high probably more. Larger even than the promo image on the product page. You can't scroll the image because they are those popup "floating" images. This is an annoyance because most of the text info displayed withis cut off at the top also.

Maybe some evil genie fullfilled my wish for bigger thumbnail in their usual malicious manner. (Okay smart guy, I'll give you bigger thumbnails!) Or maybe not.

Comments

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Yes, it's a known issue. Meanwhile, you can resize the thumbnails you have downloaded. Go to your Thumbnail Archive folder (see DIM Settings -> Downloads) and use some graphics program to resize them to something more reasonable. (IrfanView is a good free resource, batch resize-capable, lots of options)

• Thanks, North. Good plan.