Cant drag and drop tabs into other panes.

I noticed for a while I cannot drag and drop a tab from one pane to another in daz studio. Anybody else have this problem? I can drag panes around and my previously created workspaces still work but I cannot combine new sets of multiple tabs  on a pane.

studio 4.12 on a windows 10 machine

Comments

• You are dragging the tab, not the top bar of the pane group? Can you add by right-click in an empty area of the tab well of the target pane group?

• When you drag a tab, where exactly is the pointer when you let go of the mouse button to drop it? You should always drop onto the row of tab labels. The dropped tab will only be added to the existing group if you're in the right place and the group gets outlined. It's a bit tricky to explain, but it gets easier once you've got it right a couple of times.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,147
    Not at my computer, since it's pretty late for me, but I had a similar problem. DS crashed several times during a render and in the last one, the layout was reset and the panes were locked. I think I went to "Window", and the option to keep planes locked was checked. I unchecked it, and fixed my planes to how I had them before.
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@MimicMolly "the layout was reset and the panes were locked"

Do you not save your workspace layout? Once done, it's simple to get your "Space" back.

• MimicMollyMimicMolly Posts: 2,147
    fastbike1 said:

Do you not save your workspace layout? Once done, it's simple to get your "Space" back.

I don't because it's not that much of a change. I just set it to "Highway" and delete panes I don't use, like "Smart Content". But it's never gotten "locked" before until now.

• fastbike1 said:

I don't because it's not that much of a change. I just set it to "Highway" and delete panes I don't use, like "Smart Content". But it's never gotten "locked" before until now.

Styles govern the colours etc., the appearance of UI elements. Layouts govern which UI elements appear, and where.

• ChakradudeChakradude Posts: 249
    edited November 2020

wow I really appreciate all the thoughtful responses. As it happens I am quite familiar with how to drag and drop the tabs and I have made several layout saves. I was seeking to improve one. In this case Mimicmolly had the answer for me; I went to window / workspace  and unchecked "lock docking / undocking"  it has a shortcut of control U so maybe I just hit it by mistake.

Thanks for the help!

Post edited by Chakradude on
  • axicecalaxicecal Posts: 15

Pressing CTRL + U toggles this function

If you find that your panes are locked and you cannot drag or close them, press CTRL + U

Can be found in the workspace drop down menus

• MimicMolly said:

Not at my computer, since it's pretty late for me, but I had a similar problem. DS crashed several times during a render and in the last one, the layout was reset and the panes were locked. I think I went to "Window", and the option to keep planes locked was checked. I unchecked it, and fixed my planes to how I had them before.

Yes. you are right. Still in 2021. this happened and your way is right to resolve it. Thanks a lot for advice. It helped me today.