How to stop using Filament!!

I tried filament and it was fine, but now I can' render in IRay.  Every time I try, even from a fresh canvas Daz adds 'Tonemapper Options' and 'Environment Options' to my scene tab and the endered image is black.  My Render engine is set to IRay.  WTF?!

Scene.PNG
521 x 237 - 6K
Engine.PNG
525 x 336 - 28K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391
    edited November 2020

*Double post deleted*

Post edited by Leana on
  • LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391
    edited November 2020

Those are not Filament settings, they're used by Iray too. They were in the render settings tab before.

Post edited by Leana on
  • fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@markmartinc

If the rendered image is black then you probably don't have the required minimum version of the Nvidia driver. Required minimum Nvidia driver is 451.48.

• fastbike1 said:

@markmartinc

If the rendered image is black then you probably don't have the required minimum version of the Nvidia driver. Required minimum Nvidia driver is 451.48.

My drivers are fine.  I've been rendering in Iray for years now. It was endering IRay fine before I tested Filament.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,423
    edited November 2020
    fastbike1 said:

@markmartinc

My drivers are fine.  I've been rendering in Iray for years now. It was endering IRay fine before I tested Filament.

Previous versions of Iray had different driver requirements, unless you have verified that you are curently using a recent enough version (451.48 or later) then it could be, and probably is, the root of the issue.

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • Saxa -- SDSaxa -- SD Posts: 872
    edited November 2020

I tried filament and it was fine, but now I can' render in IRay.  Every time I try, even from a fresh canvas Daz adds 'Tonemapper Options' and 'Environment Options' to my scene tab and the endered image is black.  My Render engine is set to IRay.  WTF?!

Did you by any chance reduce the lighting for filament so it wasn't blindly white? (which is the default).

If you did, and forgot to change back, your Iray render will be black, depending how much you changed the ISO or whatever you changed.

Post edited by Saxa -- SD on

@markmartinc

Rejecting help from experienced users and forum admins w/o trying the advice is an excellent strategy for future success.

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,372
    edited November 2020
    fastbike1 said:

@markmartinc

Rejecting help from experienced users and forum admins w/o trying the advice is an excellent strategy for future success.

Made me laugh out loud so hard at work that people are wondering.

Post edited by Gogger on

@Gogger "Made me laugh out loud so hard at work that people are wondering."

HTH  wink

• fastbike1 said:

@markmartinc

I'm sorry but I wasn't rejecting help from experienced users.  Maybe you didn't understand my problem.  I upgraded Daz, did a few renders in Iray, then tested filament.  When I tried to switch back to Iray was when I had the problem.  I reversed what I did to use Filament and the issue persisted.  The point is, Iray worked after the upgrade and didn't stop until I used Filament.  I only came to the forum to see if anyone had experiended this issue and knew how to fix it.  Thanks for the original suggestion, but the snarky follow-up wasn't neccesary.  But, hey, nice comment, you put me in my place.  The issue turned out to be caused by a pushed update to my Vmware client that came through after I tried out Filament.  The issue cleared up once I was able to reboot a day later.