Deleting everything from the MyLibrary/data folder

I have uninstalled all  of my Daz content, but I see the data folder still contains information such as UV and morph folders for all my products, is it ok to delete everything in this folder before I reinstall all my content as I am installing all content to a new external drive so I am guessing that will creat a new data folder on the new drive?

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

I believe the data folder hold changes you've made (custom morphs, deleted geometry, etc.)

I had done the same a few months back and was lucky I had a backup of that folder.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,580

You might want to save it, as it's probably data that was created for scenes you saved, like autofit items or Poser-format items saved in DS.

• KharmaKharma Posts: 3,214

Thank you for the responses, I checked some of the files and most of them pertain to either characters I have transfered with GenX or clothing I have converted from G3 to G8.  I never bother to save scenes once I have rendered them so I think that its safe to delete that data folder as I am starting over from scratch and will be re converting most everything anyway.

• I just deleted my entire Wendyluvscatz data folder because it was massive and my drive was showing red in explorer

I guess I will face the consequencescheeky