How to change the figure ID in Daz?

For ease of use when editing hair in Zbrush, I often take the hair products I buy, add them to a character, then dupe the hair, and delete the scalp geo from one of them and all of the hair except the scalpt on the other one, so that I have separate hair and scalp items.  I then save them as new support assets with new names in new directories under my own name.  This all works great

The only issue I run into is when I GOZ them to zbrush, they work fine on the first send.  However if I resend them to zbrush when the link is already established, GOZ gets confused and replaces both the hair and the scalp with just the scalp.  I have to clear the GOZ cache to break the link so they will send correctly, which is annoying.  

I suspect this is because some kind of figure ID is still hardcoded on the daz end which is confusing GOZ since they are the same.  How can I change this and save them with separate IDs? 

Comments

• Edit>Figure>Scene Identification, I think, though I'm not sure it will do what you want. If you are going to save as a new asset in the end it may be ebst to do so before sending to ZBrush, rather than after.

• FalcoFalco Posts: 240

Hmm, so I was able to change the node name and label, but I can't change the scene ID through that method.  The 264810 name is the same for both, even after saving both objects as completely separate products, and that appears to be what is messing up GOZ. Basically I need to change that ID without doing something like converting it to a prop which would lose all the morphs.

• FalcoFalco Posts: 240
    edited November 2020

To clarify, in that window the Scene ID is not editable.  I'm just trying to find a way to save it as a new asset that changes that hardcoded name without losing the morphs and rigging that it comes with.  

So if it turns out the only solution is converting it to a prop and running transfer again that wouldn't really be worth it.  

Post edited by Falco on