[Solved] Weight Mapping Influence stuck on Red

AstroAceAstroAce Posts: 12

Daz Stuido 4.12 Pro weight mapping gradient is stuck on red for me. However, it works perfectly in the Beta version. The weight mapping works, but its hard to tell what is affected if the color is stuck on red. There is no visual feedback of the gradient from red to blue. 

Also, is there a way to turn off Environment Options and Tonemapper Options from coming into the Scene tabs in the Beta version? 

I use the Beta version to get rid of the weight mapping issue if I ever have a need to use it, but the Environment and Tonermapper options coming into the Scene's tab is slightly annoying. It's not a deal breaker, but I prefer to keep my Scene tabs organized.

Below are my Daz Studio version if that helps specify anything:
Daz Studio Version 4.12.1.118 Pro Edition (64-bit)
Daz Studio Version 4.12.2.60 Pro Edition (64-bit) Public Build

I've also attached two images showing my problem.

Daz Pro 4.12.1.118 Pro Edition (64-bit).png
2498 x 2100 - 915K
Daz Pro 4.12.2.60 Pro Edition (64-bit) Public Build.png
2498 x 2100 - 845K
Post edited by AstroAce on

Comments

• kaotkblisskaotkbliss Posts: 2,914

How high is your intensity setting? (I believe that's what it's called)

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Weight mapping has different display options, too, not just adjustable colour. Under Weight Display popup, Draw Weighted Surface has the expected gradient scale. Draw Surfaces with Weight will show ANY surface with ANY weight on it at all as solid red. Then there's Display Children Weight in the Tool Settings pane. If they aren't set the way you expect, it can be confusing.

• AstroAceAstroAce Posts: 12
    edited November 2020

@ kaotkbliss,
    I believe I have the PushModifer strength at 3.00. I think that's the intensity setting you're referring to.

@ NorthOf45,
    HAH! I feel quite stupid now, but it's honestly refreshing to learn about this. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction to question Weight Display.

Alright, this solved it for me. If anyone else has this issue of the weight maps displaying only red, it's because you're in the wrong view like I was. This is what I did to get the gradient view back.

1. Have Node Weight Map Brush tool selected.
    2. Go to Tool Settings tab
    3. Click on the arrow with the Hamburger icon thing. (Option Menu)
    4. Click on Weight Display.
    5. Click on Draw Weighted Surface.

Draw Weighted Surface is the red to blue to grey gradient which shows the influence of the weight map. This was the view I was used to, but I probably changed this without knowing what I was doing which is most likely the reason why the Beta version still had the default view I believe.

Draw Surface With Weight only shows all affected parts in red. Whew! I can safely return to using the regular version of Daz Studio again. :)
    Thank you guys for the quick response! <3

Helpful Link:
    http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/software/dazstudio/4/referenceguide/interface/viewport_tools/weight_map_brush/visualization/start ;

edit: typo

Daz Studio Weight Mapping Display.png
    3103 x 1892 - 2M
    Post edited by AstroAce on
  • NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,442

Glad to help. I think what kaotbliss was referring to is the Sensitivity setting when using the Paint Brush (or Smooth Brush) with the Weight Mapping Tool. Too high and it all goes to full weight after two or three strokes.