Daz central is kinda garbage...

MidyinMidyin Posts: 221

Ever sense Daz central became the Hip new way to download and install files, NOTHING WORKS ANYMORE...

Even now, i decided "Maybey if i do a full clean install," i still cant get everything(or much of anything) to work... EVERYTHING has files missing or or cant be found... 

For anyone else having the same trouble. heres a helpful link... https://www.daz3d.com/install-manager-info/

I'll probably be wasting my entire day doing another full reinstall.. -_-"

Post edited by Midyin on

Comments

• Most likely the content paths do not match between Daz Central adn daz Studio, but yes for many experienced users there is no reason to switch from Install Manager to Central.

• MidyinMidyin Posts: 221

i'll go ahead and blame Daz Central on this too, because this is a problem i din't have until now also.. lol

Come on, man....png
    1920 x 1080 - 248K
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,715

I use DIM, still does what it says on the tin; I dislike Central intensely.

• Midyin said:

i'll go ahead and blame Daz Central on this too, because this is a problem i din't have until now also.. lol

And is PostgreSQL installed?

Midyin said:

No, i didnt know what it was, so i didnt install it.

edited November 2020
    Midyin said:

Ok, so now this is happening.. XD

I havnt been able to use DAZ in like a year.

ever sence DAZ Central its been a F'ing nightmare getting it to work. everytime i start working on a project some BS ends up keeping me from being able to finish it because for some reason the whites of eyes are black, or the caraters faces are covered in cracks like a creepy doll, or my computer crashes, or my saved scenes decide they want to not load right anymore...

I look at the amount of money i've spent on content for this program and it fills me with rage. litterally hundreds of dollars between here and a couple other places that for content i can't use..

Come on, man...2.png
    1920 x 1080 - 416K
    Post edited by Midyin on
  • If you find Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the products tab of Smart Content what icon does it have at top-right of the thumbnail?

• If you find Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the products tab of Smart Content what icon does it have at top-right of the thumbnail?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,391
    Midyin said:
    Midyin said:

No, i didnt know what it was, so i didnt install it.

PostgreSQL is the database system used to store the product metadata. You need it if you use Smart Content.

Midyin said:
    Midyin said:

If your content installed in default location, or is it somewhere else?

edited November 2020

If you find Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the products tab of Smart Content what icon does it have at top-right of the thumbnail?

in the top right cornor it just says actor...

Nothing is loading. everything i click on is unable to find its .duf

Leana said:
    Midyin said:
    Midyin said:

I had it install DAZ on my D Drive rather than on my C Drive because my C Drive is for my OS only.. Daz is too big..

Post edited by Midyin on
    Midyin said:

If you find Genesis 8 Starter Essentials in the products tab of Smart Content what icon does it have at top-right of the thumbnail?

Leana said:
    Midyin said:
    Midyin said:

I had it install DAZ on my D Drive rather than on my C Drive because my C Drive is for my OS only.. Daz is too big..

From what I read, DazCentral has a tendency to reset paths used to default value, so I would check what is setup in DS preferences for the content directories to see if the paths point to D drive.

Leana said:
    Midyin said:

Leana said:
    Midyin said:
    Midyin said:

From what I read, DazCentral has a tendency to reset paths used to default value, so I would check what is setup in DS preferences for the content directories to see if the paths point to D drive.

If thats what happened, then i have no idea how to fix that...

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849
    Midyin said:
    Leana said:
    Midyin said:

Leana said:
    Midyin said:
    Midyin said:

If thats what happened, then i have no idea how to fix that...

Get rid of DAZ Central, return to using the DAZ Install Manager and make sure the content directories set up in there are th same you have in your DAZ|Studio preferences.

• I have to agree completely. Central does NOT anything OF VALUE. In fact, half the time it doesn't even boot up for me. I'm sticking with DIM. Sorry, DAZ. Central was a foul ball and not the homerun that you were expecting.