pose not zeroing at all [solved-sort off]

AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

Hi, 

I can't zero this pose. I've tried doing it with the tool on the pose tab. I've tried manually, I've tried making sure everything is unlocked. According to 'currently used' nothing is more than 0. What is going on? How could I fix it? I've never come across this before. I even looked at the bones but nothing looks like it shouldn't.  

Capture.PNG
1920 x 1080 - 1M
Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• AbnerKAbnerK Posts: 718

well, I fixed it but, I didn't solve the mystery of why everything was showing as 0 when it obviously wasn't. As suggested in another question earlier about saving time when zeroing a pose I used a T-Pose that happened to come with Holt's Pro Pack. That worked a treat and as fast. 

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,425
    edited November 2020

ZeroZero Figure Pose will work on preoperties that are set to Modifier/Pose only. If there is something that is affecting the pose but isn't marker as a pose then the command will fail. When you checked Currently Used was Show Hidden Properties on?

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,014

"Currently used" also shows only the dials that are not at their default value. The default value may also be something else than 0, which is obviously the case with "00 Default Pose" on the picture (the white 0.0% means the 0.0% is not the default value)

ZeroZero Figure Pose will work on preoperties that are set to Modifier/Pose only. If there is something that is affecting the pose but isn't marker as a pose then the command will fail. When you checked Currently Used was Show Hidden Properties on?

Oh, it is on my Mac but, probably not. I'll try have a look later.  I had another issue with the eyes on a different figure, I've been ignoring that one and adjusting manually. Thankfully I had a hidden T posed version of that figure so I just used that for this render.

PerttiA said:

"Currently used" also shows only the dials that are not at their default value. The default value may also be something else than 0, which is obviously the case with "00 Default Pose" on the picture (the white 0.0% means the 0.0% is not the default value)

No, those values are 0.00035 in this case. I looked. I'll look at it again later though. I've scene that with morphs too where they load every time, they are at 0.000000 so I wondered why they kept loading but, when I checked more closely the default vaule was 100% but the actual value set and saved at 0.00

You can fix any ill-behaving morphs (non-zero default value) with this procedure;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version to an empty scene. ("Genesis 8 Basic Male/Female" or "Genesis 8 Male/Female Dev Load")
    2. Select the figure
    3. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
    4. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    5. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
    6. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

PerttiA said:

You can fix any ill-behaving morphs (non-zero default value) with this procedure;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version to an empty scene. ("Genesis 8 Basic Male/Female" or "Genesis 8 Male/Female Dev Load")
    2. Select the figure
    3. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

Thanks, but, should that be memorize the figure then zero the figure?  I fixed the demon skul morphs, whatever they're called, that way.

AbnerK said:

PerttiA said:

2. Select the figure

Thanks, but, should that be memorize the figure then zero the figure?  I fixed the demon skul morphs, whatever they're called, that way.

No, the idea is that you use the base figure with the zero pose - Then you "zero the figure" in order to change all the non-zero values to zero, then you memorize (=set as default) those zero values and use "Save modified assets" to save those values to the morphs that had non-zero default values => No more unwanted morphs activating with your characters.

I'll look at that again when I have the head space.