Syntax Error with pose?

LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

Hi,

I have here a pose set and get in my Error log this:

2020-05-28 22:12:57.581 	D:/daz3d content/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Sleeping And Napping/SAN Her Sleep 11.duf (1,44): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'2020-05-28 22:12:57.582 Error reading file, see log for more details.

I checked now the pose files, One file is working.

The left file is workign, the right not, the right looks very... crazy.

https://www.daz3d.com/sleeping-and-napping-for-genesis-3-female

Maybe the bed is needed for the poses? (I would hate that ;( ) but for some reason did the creator forget that at 1 pose?

(I really hate this object connected poses)

Post edited by Chohole on

Comments

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,264
    Loony said:

Hi,

2020-05-28 22:12:57.581 	D:/daz3d content/Studio/My Library/People/Genesis 8 Female/Poses/Sleeping And Napping/SAN Her Sleep 11.duf (1,44): Syntax Error - expected ',' or '}'2020-05-28 22:12:57.582 Error reading file, see log for more details.

Maybe the bed is needed for the poses? (I would hate that ;( ) but for some reason did the creator forget that at 1 pose?

Sometimes the hierarchical pose types are very useful. However for this set you have both types. The poses requiring the furniture plainly say so in their names.

The poses work fine with Genesis 3 Female. Genesis 8 Female has a different rigging so adjustments would need to be made. I don't use any pose converters.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817
    edited May 2020
    Loony said:

Hi,

Sometimes the hierarchical pose types are very useful. However for this set you have both types. The poses requiring the furniture plainly say so in their names.

The poses work fine with Genesis 3 Female. Genesis 8 Female has a different rigging so adjustments would need to be made. I don't use any pose converters.

The problem is that ONLY the Pose 2 does load, nothing other.

I checked now the Poses in the G3F folder and that works, so maybe I used the converter and that did destroy it >_<

Post edited by Loony on
    Loony said:
    Loony said:

Hi,

The problem is that ONLY the Pose 2 does load, nothing other.

Reset the pose to default and try again. I went through several of them and they all appeared to be working on G3F just fine.

Sometimes reinstalling products can help with problems IF the files were corrupted for any reason.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

The G3F poses does load, but... well ;) The Pose Mixer (which is great!) does help there ;)

I assume I used RSSY Poses converter.

Yes well like I said, for G8F some adjustments are required ;-) The poses were made for G3F.

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

The syntax errro means that file is corrupted - it looks like gibberish because it's also compressed, and it is reading OK up to a point but then it runs into an error (which is why it wants a comma or closing brace - it's mid-way through a block of data when it hits the problem). Try reinstalling, if that doesn't work please open a support ticket.