Is there a way to quickly reset the Iray Uber shader?

If I've made a bunch of changes to the shader, and I just want to reset it back to its default values, is there a quick way to do this?

Comments

• Noah LGPNoah LGP Posts: 2,588
    edited May 2020

I apply dzDefault shader (Shaders / Other) and !Iray Uber Base shader (Shaders / Iray / Uber)

Post edited by Noah LGP on
  • Those ThingsThose Things Posts: 1,122
    Noah LGP said:

I apply dzDefault shader (Shaders / Other) and !Iray Uber Base shader (Shaders / Iray / Uber)

Unfortunately, this doesn't work. Any images I plugged into the image channels on the Uber shader remain when I apply the dzDefault shader. 

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403
    edited May 2020

I believe what you can do is load a primitive (cube for example) it will load with the iray basic metallicity/roughness shader without any image and save it as a shader. Then you can apply it to anything that has image textures and it will remove them. At least it does for me. Hope that helps.

Post edited by xmasrose on
  • lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,402

you mean copy/paste the surface properties?  that method would work although you'd think there should be a way to do this in a couple less clicks.

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403

lilweep Are you asking me?

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,402

just posing a question to the general audience

• fastbike1fastbike1 Posts: 4,077

@Those Things "Any images I plugged into the image channels on the Uber shader remain"

What about removing the image maps then applying the dzdefault?

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

I believe what you can do is load a primitive (cube for example) it will load with the iray basic metallicity/roughness shader without any image and save it as a shader. Then you can apply it to anything that has image textures and it will remove them. At least it does for me. Hope that helps.

Right, create a primitive with the desired render engine active, select it and its surface (click with Surface Seection too), save File>Save as>Shader Preset. To apply select the target object and its surface(s), then double-click.

Right, create a primitive with the desired render engine active, select it and its surface (click with Surface Seection too), save File>Save as>Shader Preset. To apply select the target object and its surface(s), then double-click.

Ahhh, I gotcha. So, I'm just creating my own "reset" shader. You'd think there would be an easier route, but I'll give this a try. Thank you!

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

Once you have the shader preset, right-click on it and select Create Custom Action - then you can have it immediately available in the Scripts menu.

• RobinsonRobinson Posts: 751

There's quite an easy way, yea.  Show the shader mixer window, click apply, then apply Daz Uber shader.  Done.

Robinson said:

There's quite an easy way, yea.  Show the shader mixer window, click apply, then apply Daz Uber shader.  Done.

Huh...that actually is a pretty decent workaround. Thanks!