Allowed & possible to add a hood?

Hi, I wanna make a child bathrobe and wish to get there a hood over it, is that possible and IF someone other makes that would it be allowed to share that?

Thats the base I have atm.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

I am not certain what you are asking. But you are only allowed to share something you have created (from basic up), or have full user right over.

So if someone alse had created a hood you sould need their permission to share it.

That said, if you have created the robe, why not also create the hood?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,393

You're certainly not allowed to share a product you bought from the store, even if you modified it.

• LoonyLoony Posts: 1,817

hmmm yeah I know I mean ... if someone can make an addon with like Marvelous Designer and then send it to me? I have no idea :/

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

If someone makes something that is entirely their own work they can give it to you.

maybe I can use somehow the hood from a Hoodie and hide the pullover part, but... I assume that would look weird :/

• felisfelis Posts: 4,205

One problem is, even it is just for your own use, you can't really make a hood separate from the robe. The hood need to be actually attached to the robe to look decent.

If I had that problem I would take the robe into blender and then model a hood on top, but that could only be used for personal usage. If it is just for some renders you might be able to kitbasch something, but for a model - I can only see it needs to be modeled together with the robe.

I would want to use it always, when my Kids get a bathrobe.

There is also this:

https://hivewire3d.com/shop/shop-by-artist/karth/dforce-bath-cape-for-baby-luna.html

But I dont have a hive account and... I am not so sure how good hive products are :/

edited May 2020

But it should be working with that bathrobe I use.

And... I assume WHEN, would I need a hood with a open front neck, like with a zipper, that hoodie I would assume is too hard.

Post edited by Loony on
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,449

Someone could possibly make a hood as a GeoGraft, so all they gave you was the hood and it would join itself to the robe you already have. However, that would not be a small project I think.

ok.

edited May 2020
    Loony said:

I would want to use it always, when my Kids get a bathrobe.

There is also this:

https://hivewire3d.com/shop/shop-by-artist/karth/dforce-bath-cape-for-baby-luna.html

But I dont have a hive account and... I am not so sure how good hive products are :/

Hivewire3D is a good content store.

Be aware that this item is meant for their figure Luna, not any of the Genesis figures. It can probably be used with the Genesis line with some work, though.

Post edited by Leana on

oh... thats bad :( I dont use Luna.

So it woudl not have a working Clone system for the G8 Figures? :<

No, Genesis figures don't include a clone for Luna.

ok, good to know >_<

For the record, it is technically possible to create clones to autofit clothes between HW3D and Daz figures.

I have no idea about that, I am a simple user :D I click Ok and hope it works^^....